Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Kubota

nobull1 ยท 2004-07-25 10:55

Well I done it traded my Daewoo o35 on a new KX91-3.The size is similar but the power is more for the bucket breakout and drive motors.I must say moving up 8 years makes a big difference in handle and feel.The Kubota is faster,smoother,more powerfull,more quiet and a lot more comfortable.It came with rubber tracks but the steel ones are coming as I feel they serve my purpose better.I must say though I don't dislike the rubber as they are quiet and easy on thr terrain.But they suck in mud for pushing as they seem to spin a lot easier.I removed the mechanical thumb from my Daewoo and installed on the Kubota as I couldn't see spending a couple thosand at this time for a hydraulic one.Anyhow a couple of pic's to follow.

Replies39
  1. #1nobull12004-07-25 11:01

    another

  2. #2cat3202004-07-25 17:46

    Nice machine so what does a new one cost in US. funds ?did you get a/c with it too ?

  3. #3Steve Frazier2004-07-25 18:12

    Nice unit. I recently found out that Kubota stands behind their product. I had a major failure of the left transmission on my Z turn mower a month out of warranty and Kubota replaced both sides charging me only labor, which is only covered in the first year. I saw the bill, there were nearly $5000 in parts that Kubota picked up. They seem to be a company to be trusted.

  4. #4nobull12004-07-25 23:05

    List price is 40,000 US but I doubt many pay quite that much.To get air you have to go up a couple of sizes and it is a couple thousand on top of that.So Kubota decided I wouldn't get air and I get to keep my money:beatsme

  5. #5nobull12004-07-25 23:34

    Steve, I have been a Kubota fan for quite awhile due to having a farm and having had a couple of Kubota tractors.The quality of the products seem above average and the resale is quite high, so others appear to think the same.In our area most sales seem to be Bobcat or Kubota.So having a good relationship with the Kubota dealer due to tractors, favored heavily in the purchase.When parts are required they can be had next day in a emergency or a couple of days normal delivery,if they aren't in stock.My Daewoo well that was another story none in stock and a week if lucky to get them from the US. :Banghead

  6. #6badranman2004-07-26 16:34

    Nice machine nobull1. I'll have to stop by and take a look some day. Keep me informed on how you like it and post some pics of it working if you can! The door post on my Bobcat hasn't bothered me since you mentioned it in case you were wondering, guess I'm just used to it!

  7. #7nobull12004-07-26 22:38

    Your always welcome at my place Badranman, I look forward to you stopping by.I'm glad the post thing didn't bother you or I would feel like a real ***.I think I will be doing a job that I have to build a road as I go down a crazy grade to a lake.If I end up doing it I will have pic's before and after.This is not a job for the nervous types as the only way down is by zig zagging across the hill.The trick is you have to use what you excavate to build the 8' wide road, stumping as you go.

  8. #8connolly2007-04-04 13:06

    My PC40R bogging out... :usa I just purchased a mid 90's PC40R (grey Market) after running the machine for about 4 hours ran her out of fuel, fueled her up and in about an hour she started to bog down until I went foward and back with the tracks and she'd rev up again. then about every 25 minutes she'd bog down and I'd have to go foward and back with the tracks to get her to rev up again to finish the job I was doing... any ideas boys... :guns

  9. #9nedly052007-04-04 16:44

    Welcome to the Forum :drinkup I'd try changing the fuel filters, most likely if you ran it out of fuel any crap in the bottom of your tank got sucked into the filters. Good Luck :thumbsup

  10. #10equipment fan2007-04-04 18:06

    welcome to Hef connolly:notworthy ,i like the blade of your komatsu pc40r. Hey nobull1:notworthy ,great excavator.I like the thumb.

  11. #11Countryboy2007-04-04 19:08

    Welcome to HEF connolly! :drinkup I agree with Nedly. I would change the fuel filters if you haven't already. When buying a used machine, I would go through all the filters among other things. You never really know when the last maintanence was done. :thumbsup

  12. #12jhill2007-04-04 23:30

    Nobull I have a Kubota KX-41 with a thumb like yours. I am really happy with it. I bought mine with 1500 hrs on it but it runs and works great. I am sure you will like yours Jerry

  13. #13Wulf2007-04-04 23:53

    It certainly sounds like typical fuel trouble but if you only have 4 hours on the machine it could be something more serious. If the tank and filtration system is suspect you could try running it with your feed pump hose connected directly to a pail of clean fuel. If the problem persists check back in to the site...

  14. #14Blademan2007-04-05 00:36

    Congratulations on the new machine , NoBull1 . :scool , and thanks for the great photos . Looks like things are turning nice and green there . Also , you put together a really nice website and i sure wish you were closer so as I could try some of your beef and chicken . I hate buying from the national chain stores . You never really know what your getting .:beatsme

  15. #15Squizzy246B2007-04-05 05:44

    Well done NoBull...I think you will find it a good machine. BTW No one unpunished to harass ??

  16. #16Coastal2007-04-27 20:29

    ha, i just went kx91 shopping today! theres a couple used ones at my dealer, im hoping to sell my kx161 and get a kx91. Glad you like it!

  17. #17kubota1232008-05-18 03:00

    Do you think a 3/4 ton chevy 2500 could haul this thing around?

  18. #18nobull12008-05-18 07:44

    There would be no problem hauling the excavator with a 3/4 ton. The only issue would be if your truck could legally haul a 7000 lb excavator on a 2500 lb trailer.

  19. #19bentwrench2008-05-18 21:33

    hauling I have no trouble hauling my KX027 or 55-56 Hesston with my '04 Ford F250 but I use a tandem,dulley goosneck trailer and set the main load over the trailer axles.

  20. #20kubota1232008-07-29 23:04

    Finally gave in. Bought a 2006 kx91-3 with 244hrs. Beatiful condition. Not excactly sure what I'm going to do with it yet. http://i36.tinypic.com/nfh2e8.jpg

  21. #21coopers2008-07-30 01:17

    nobull, I've seen pics you have been posting but they're not of an ORANGE machine...what's up?

  22. #22Johnsoils2008-07-30 01:23

    Nice machine. I haven't ran a new Kubota yet, last new machine I ran was a Cat mini. Man was it a nice step up from the old machines of yester year. Our local Kubota dealer has been telling me how good the new machines are. May have to rent one and give it a test drive. Thanks!!!

  23. #23nobull12008-07-30 07:37

    What pic's ? Other than my 763 Bobcat skidsteer Nothing has really changed..........I don't think. Just getting up to 800 hours on the KX91-3 and nothing yet but regular maintenance.

  24. #24coopers2008-07-30 22:35

    Oh, I guess I should look back, haha, I thought I saw you post a pic of a yellow machine...I stand corrected. Glad you still have orange!

  25. #25woodchuck22008-08-06 09:08

    X2 on fuel filter, did you buy this from Carroll Equipment?

  26. #26CMSMOKE2008-08-11 13:32

    #3 Reply #3 REPLY:drinkup

  27. #27Bayrat2008-09-23 22:07

    I was going to ask that same question, looked at a number of machines on his lot.

  28. #28stormdodger2009-03-29 04:11

    cool

  29. #29Big daddy2009-04-01 15:05

    Nice kubota!I too just bought a new kx71-3 and Quality steel and aluminum 5 -ton dumptrailer and a f-350 dually.I can`t wait to get started.What is the hourly rate in N.S. ?I was going to charge $60.00/hour.

  30. #30coopers2009-04-01 21:12

    Big Daddy, you got pics of the new toy? Kubota is a great product!

  31. #31Big daddy2009-04-02 00:09

    Hey coopers!got some pic`s ,but not sure how to upload them?

  32. #32Hendrik2009-04-10 23:38

    I should think it depends on the type of job and if they require paperwork........... Also you may want to think about a stand by rate and a minimum charge, for example traveling an hour each way for a half hour job is not going to make you rich. Some operators specify a minimum of 2 hrs or charge a traveling fee over certain distances. The tricky part is you don't want to undercut the other operators in your area but by the same token they may be a bit quicker at doing the job, so I may suggest charging a bit under the going rate until you have established yourself.

  33. #33Squizzy246B2009-04-10 23:49

    Have a read here...and that thread will probably be updated soon.

  34. #34nobull12009-04-11 10:40

    At present in our area (Halifax) $60.00 per hour would be on the low end. When first starting out that would probably be a good price. If you charge too little you will be the *** of the locals and don't expect any good words from them. If you are competitive in price you will get more respect and probably as much work. Check what your competitors are charging before you set your rate.

  35. #3593turbo2009-04-20 12:58

    nice looking machine nobull whats the size and specs on her

  36. #36nobull12009-04-21 21:29

    It is a 2004 KX91-3 with steel tracks,29?hp, 24" bucket, tinted glass, weight 7500 lbs, manual thumb (free). 800 hours and only a leaky o-ring in first couple of months of ownership other than that 0 issues. One owner one operator, me.

  37. #37maddog2009-04-22 10:38

    nice machine's

  38. #38pjdiesel2009-05-31 16:49

    I'm on my second one first was a 121 w/rubber tracks now I have a 161 on rubber no problems with ether one so far.

  39. #39pipeliner662009-07-05 17:45

    Nice Machine for sure, the local gas company I work for is replacing there 580's with the same machine, the operators & laborers seem very happy with the change:drinkup