Hello and well met everybody, I'll try not to make this a very long novel, however I'll try to explain the " situation " I'm in as best I can. I'm 31 years old, born in Romania, I live and work here. For the past 7 years, I worked at various transport and freight companies that operates in Europe, I'm on the position of dispatcher, I receive loading orders from my collegues and I pass them to the truck drivers, I inform them about the loading/unloading points, the route/track they must drive for the most efficient fuel consumption or road taxes and so on. Basically for the 7 past years I've seen nothing but offices, desks, screens, lists and various graphics. When this year started I really wondered if I want to do this anymore, because time really passes fast and I find myself into a sort of " crysis " if I can call it like that. I have a fiance ( no children ) an apartment and also a small cabin on the countryside with some land, so to speak, we're financially stable and can't really complain. The thoughts that gnaws at the back of my mind lately, is that time passes way too fast, I'm stuck in this office job with no opportunities to experience something else. If I could, I'd call it a thirst for adventure, life experience, knowledge, encountering different people, cultures and work opportunities, as I feel I'm fading here. I do wish to work in other enviroments and if possible in other countries. Now my question, as silly as it sounds, is: If, I'd apply for a Bulldozer/Excavator course and training, consisting of classrooms, heavy machine operator, maintance, inspection and all that comes along with it, what would be my chances to get employed, let's say in Australia, US or Canada? I'd like to specify that those trainings and courses I want to attend, are certified and licensed, meaning if I pass then, I'm authorized officialy to work on heavy equipment that I qualified for. This training and course that I saw available in my city, can be long as 8 to 10 months, so I assume it's serious and not some basic course thats taking just 2 weeks ( we also have that kind ) That's about it, I'd like some opinions if this is worth it, and what are my chances to find some jobs overseas where I'm required to have Heavy Equipment certificate. I'd like to point out the fact, that this is not a desperate cry for help or anything like that, I just want to know what opportunities I'd have if I'd graduate those trainings on Heavy Machinery. Thank you all for reading my two dimes novel, and I can't wait for your opinions and advice. Best regards, Johnny
Welcome to the HEF. Yeah, go for it. Certainly open up new opportunities.
I can't say if you'd have good luck emigrating, but look at it this way. It would get you out of that office. Welcome aboard.
Well you speak good English, so try for US or Canada. Australia, they don't really speak English too well so make that your last choice. Good luck, Joe H
5 million will get you a gold card, is what I heard from T$.
It's just better over here. Immigrate legally and join the club.
Hello HEF, I’m from Ghana and I hold BSc in Auto engineering. I am currently looking for a job as a mechanic. I have 3 years experience in automotive repair, heavy equipment(dozer, digger, wheel loader, dump truck), diesel engines and am eager to join a team where I can apply my skills and continue learning. If you know of any job openings or can connect me with potential opportunities, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any leads or recommendations. Thank you for your support!
Ignatius, Welcome to the HEF. I got a buddy in Ghana at Newmont Ghana Gold Limited, who is looking for mechanics. Sounds like a fun place to work. They will provide training and good wages. Shovel and Drill Mechanic in Kenyasi, Ahafo, Ghana | Entretien des mines at Newmont Mining Corporation Apply for Shovel and Drill Mechanic job with Newmont Mining Corporation in Kenyasi, Ahafo, Ghana. Entretien des mines at Newmont Mining Corporation jobs.newmont.com
Thank you very much. I really appreciate I will check the link then asap
http://