going to buy a new loader before year end wondering what ya'll think about the new ones. (must be tier 4) we are a concrete recycling plant it will be loading trucks and piling,sorting incoming material all day 11 to 14 hrs a day 5 -6 days a week 2,500-3,300 hrs a year. want joy stick steering. a scale system probley an after market so can move to another machine later. we have had JD,volvo,case.luigong before just trying to get any likes or dislikes on the new ones :beatsme
how about new Kawasaki 92Z7 ,Doosan DL450-3
knowbody running any new loaders
What sizes do you have now and what do you think of them ?Pros and cons?
in the last 15 years L120C,721 case,721B,L220D,L220E,724J,luigong 888II the 721 run good about 6-7years bought from county mulch yd,721B not as good luck .220D bought from quarry run about 5years ,220E bought from transfer station NY run about 8 months trans went out sold for more than paid for ,724J like machine BBButtt 3 front rear end's and 2 rear rears AND no support from deere.even after they had a fix @ fail recall till 7,000 hrs inner axle bearing's the first one @ 7,800 hrs 2nd @ 9,200 hrs 3rd and 4th @14,---- hrs and know 6th @ 16,000 hrs I am done
I used to work for the Doosan dealership over here. Most Doosan owners came back for a second or third one. For the price you can't really go wrong. Only major issues were cooling packs not built to last, pipes cracking and the Cummins engines they fitted to the DL400s. Pretty sure the DL450 would have the 11L so you'd be right there. Obviously working at the dealer I saw these problems over and over but saying that I would buy one myself if I were looking at getting on. The other problem was the paintwork fading very quickly, but if your not fussed about looks then should be all good
thanks for the reply. the paint does not really matter cause the concrete dust covers it up in a couple months anyway. what was the normal high hrs an the machines
Cat is releasing the M's in a short time, we got a corporate email about phasing them in within the next 6 months to a year about 2 months ago. Can't remember the particulars, but just an FYI if you're the kind of guy who wants the newest and doesn't mind paying top dollar. As far as the K's go, anything larger, 966, 72, 80, all the customers I do field work for love them. Few small issues with them working bugs out of the scale, emissions system, etc, but nothing huge. The smaller K's like 930, customers want their H's back.
Thanks a friend of mine has a couple new 980K's and also some H's he going to buy 2 more before end of year he said cat told him that factory will be closed @ first of year for a month or two to retool for M's would be about march before they start shipping .as far as the newest goes I would rather have older machine mid 90's no computer's:bash no tier emmissions no problems but I guess those days are gone.as many hrs that we put on ldr's i'm hoping to run it a couple years then upgrade to another new one and it will still be a late model series
I have deeres and love them. Had tc54h that failed several axles. Have 3 544g's and no majors even after 20k hours each. TC54H ate axle bearings due to HEAT. Bought my 544J's and 544K with axle coolers, and, no axle issues, even after 14k hours. Komatsu emissions scare the hell out of me, long term wise, and Volvo L70Es here have transmission and axle hard failures under 5k hours (both of them). Got a L70E in the dealer's shop, as we speak, for a warranty replacement of a 6mo old, $26k, OEM reman tranny, that was installed when its second transmission failed at 9500 hours. Never, ever put a tranny in a Deere.
Think the highest hour one I saw had about 15000 on it, that was a Daewoo though. We also had a Mega 500 with 13000 on it, that had a few issues. Mainly due to lack of maintenance and working in a sand mine. The only diff I saw come out of one was a DL400 at 8000 hours and that had spent the first 4000hrs of its life in heavy rock work. They run ZF running gear and Cummins or Doosan engines. So can't really do wrong there, the Doosan engines are brilliant, only common issue we had with them was the rocker box gaskets leaking at around 2000 hrs. Think we had injectors out of one at 11000hrs for overhaul and the only other times were due to water or contamination.
Can never go wrong with a Komatsu loader! I,ve seen WA 500 with 20 to 30k hours and never been touched!
Considering the amount of hours you are running your loaders, I would suggest demo a CASE 721F. The main reason is the SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) and in the 621 and 721 you can get the King Commodity package with enlarged cube coolers. No high heat regeneration, no PM filters, cooler temps, and better fuel efficiency (around 15% more efficient than CEGR (Cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation) setups. Check out Pro Care and Sitewatch that is offered free with the Wheel Loaders. You can get scales aftermarket or from the factory. Hyundai is another that I would recommend taking a look at mainly due to the price. Scales are standard on the Hyundai Loaders.
case would be an option because I have 7 case machines now but when briggs closed down approx 5 years ago and CASE DID NOT SUPPORT ANY OF ITS CUSTOMERS and STILL DO NOT HAVE A LOCAL dealer I do not think I will be a case