Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

“New lowboy trailer”

JBGASH ยท 2014-11-25 20:45

Here is a pic of our new to us 48' mechanical detach lowboy with rear 6' dovetail and 6' ramps. The rear ramps really are handy to load from and quick too.

Replies3
  1. #1td25c2014-11-25 21:44

    I like it ! That's going to be a handy trailer for a lot of tasks JBGASH . Looks like a Hyster trailer . Is the folding neck hydraulic or manual ? Only one I was ever around was a hydraulic fold , I want to say the brand was Trail King . It sat pretty low to the ground so the driver would pull out from under the trailer , then remove the fifth wheel king pin and the trailer had a battery powered electric over hydraulic pump that would let the neck fold down to the ground .

  2. #2JBGASH2014-11-26 06:17

    TD, it is a manual folding neck, we have a Mack tractor with winch that raises and lowers it when needed. Much quicker to just load from the rear however. Much safer to load from the fold down however..

  3. #3overworked2014-12-07 09:34

    I always wondered how you keep kingpin plate clean on folding neck trailers? Looks good with that 73 on it.