Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New member

Readie ยท 2015-11-17 00:40

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone as Im new to the forum. I am currently based in Australia and work for a Cat dealer as a Mining Support Representative. I have 2 coal mines as my customers who I support through all technical, operations, parts, warranty, maintenance etc enquires with support from internal staff. I completed my apprenticeship as a diesel fitter with the dealer, where I was sent to site in my 4th year. From here on I have completed 7 years of coal mine site experience before moving into my current role in which I have been for the past 2 years. My main interest is dozers and undercarriage, this is where I will be looking to learn new things off everyones knowledge. Cheers

Replies8
  1. #1kshansen2015-11-17 09:46

    Welcome aboard. Lots of talk here on dozers and undercarriages, some of them are probably machines older than yourself! Myself, I'm a recently retired mechanic for a stone quarry in central NY USA. Most of my experience was in wheel loaders and smaller (769-773) Haul trucks along with a random dozer (D6-9) thrown in for fun and maybe an excavator every year or so. PS Don't try to BS anyone here as there are several who have that down to a science

  2. #2rodtg2015-11-17 16:35

    Welcome to the forum. Always interesting to meet people from the mining industry. Are you based in QLD or NSW?

  3. #3DDoug2015-11-18 09:09

    That took a very odd turn at the very end....I resemble that remark BTW....

  4. #4kshansen2015-11-18 11:41

    I could be wrong but hope that everyone understood it was meant as humorous, even if there is a bit of truth there too!

  5. #5Readie2015-11-18 23:43

    Hahaha thanks kshansen, no BS here I'm interested in learning more from the old schools from the trade.... rodtg, I am based in QLD, where are you based mate?

  6. #6DDoug2015-11-19 07:17

    We had a field service rep come in and give a talk about his service area, a place called "Bougainville" Kinda a self supported mine by the sounds of it.

  7. #7rodtg2015-11-20 10:44

    Based in Spain but mostly operate in West Africa. QLD is wonderful, would love to visit again one day.

  8. #8CM19952015-11-20 22:36

    Welcome to the Forums Readie!:drinkup I moved this thread over to the New Member Introductions. Glad to have ya'!