Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new member

Geomedved ยท 2016-09-01 22:41

Hi everyone. New member here. My name is George and I am a field service tech for our local cat dealer. stumbled across this site searching for some answers to a D8H fuel system and what I found was awesome! Plenty of knowledgeable folks who know those good ol tractors. I am very excited to be a new member and can't wait to see what everyone knows. I come across head scratcher problems all the time and there is not always a technical communicator around to help with the problem. I think this site will give me another alternative. Hopefully I can help a few people out in the process. Thanks for your time and have a great day

Replies9
  1. #1Brodiesel2016-09-01 23:11

    Awesome. Im pretty excited about getting more involved myself, I joined in 2014 but just started following more consistently, I worked for a CAT dealer then decided to start my own business focusing mostly diesel engine rebuilding and repair/and some light machine work.

  2. #2willie592016-09-01 23:30

    Welcome to HEF Geomedved. There are a couple of good Cat hands here, Nige Cmark and tctractors just to name a couple, and I don't intend to leave others out of the mix, just saying that hopefully you'll find some good info here. :drinkup

  3. #3thepumpguysc2016-09-02 03:41

    Welcome Geomedved.. I too was a "lurker " till I needed some info.. GREAT bunch of folks here.. and whats REALLY NICE is.. ALOT of folks are from "across the pond ".. So when you get off of work at 5:00 pm here and have a stumper.. You can ask the question before going to bed.. and by the time you wake up and check your email, you usually have about 4 or 5 NEW ideas to run down that day.. Its like the diesel gods are watching over you while you sleep.. Lol

  4. #4Cmark2016-09-02 05:54

    Hi George and welcome.

  5. #5Geomedved2016-09-04 08:15

    That's cool. several years ago I tossed around the thought of going out on my own, but with the wife and kids I was nervous about initial income and health insurance. I do some side work on farm machinery only due to my companies moon lighting policy. We also have some of own stuff we play around with. I have a couple of restoration projects going on. I have my own service truck too. It an older truck and needs some work, but it will do fine for what I'm into. Did you struggle much when you started out on your own?

  6. #6Geomedved2016-09-04 08:21

    thanks again, I have seen plenty of posts from those guys and they do seem very knowledgeable. Great to be part of a group with a bunch of folks who are into what I'm into

  7. #7Geomedved2016-09-04 08:25

    I was thinking that very thing. I'm the kind of guy that will lay in bed at night stewing over a problem I'm having with a machine. I don't think the guys in our tech team would like it very much if I called them at 2:00 in the morning. haha!

  8. #8Geomedved2016-09-04 08:28

    thanks again!!! cant wait to get in with you on some problems solving situations

  9. #9Gustavcastle2016-09-04 12:38

    Much more interested to see you here. Welcome into this board.