Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Member and an old Case 580ck

TX1234 · 2024-03-21 09:58

Hello, I just joined so I could learn more about a machine I just bought, a 580ck backhoe. I believe it to be a 70 model. It runs good but it’s definitely an old machine. There’s some hydraulic leaks at the backhoe controls, stabilizer cylinders leak some and there’s a pretty steady drip of diesel from the injection pump area. I’m a mechanic, but I’ve spent my career working on commuter trains and just a little bit of time on construction equipment. But believe I’ll be able to tackle whatever repairs this machine needs. I bought it just to use around my 10 acres and hopefully dig up a bunch of cedar trees to clear the land some.

Replies8
  1. #1RES2024-03-21 10:33

    Welcome. A lot of knowledgeable people here. Not me, im learning too. If you don't have the books there's a link on here to them, just search. I got mine from peaceful creek. Helped me a lot.

  2. #2TX12342024-03-21 10:36

    I tried searching to see if there were any downloads available for the books and hadn't found any yet. I was about to buy one of the CDs they sell on Ebay but figured I should look a bit more first.

  3. #3eKretz2024-03-21 11:42

    A neighbor of my parents has one of these, I helped them get it running and fix a few things. I've got a pdf operator's manual and brochure for it. Couldn't attach the operator's manual, file size is too large.

  4. #4Tinkerer2024-03-21 15:59

    Welcome to HEF, TX1234 ! I could/ can give you the service manuals. Free of course. Send me your email address in a Private Conversation (PM).

  5. #5TX12342024-03-21 16:10

    Thank you very much, that is super helpful.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2024-03-21 20:25

    Depending on where your inj pump leak is, u might be able to repair it.. the gasket kit is: 24371 (RoosaMaster/Stanadyne)

  7. #7TX12342024-03-22 09:49

    That is a big help. I will likely try to tackle the repair myself. I haven't had enough time to spend with the tractor yet to know exactly what is leaking but hopefully this weekend I will have more time to diagnose its little issues.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2024-03-22 10:18

    Don’t be in a hurry to jump into ANY REPAIR.. MAKE SURE u have the proper information and tools.. BEFORE u attempt inj pump repair.. get yourself a can or 5 of brake cleaner.. (Walmart brand) you’ll use it up on different repairs & you’ll find u never buy enough.. An air source to blow dirt off.. And once cleaned, BABY/TALCUM POWDER to track down leaks.. the leak will leave a trail in the powder.. Shout out when you need a hand..& just remember, it’s easier on everyone if u get the information BEFORE you turn a wrench..