All, I bought a Case 580K last week and it needs some good general maintenance as well as some electrical repair. Before I buy some manuals I want to make sure I know what I have. I think its a Phase I 580K but have seen some info online that may lead to it being a Phase 3. Here are some numbers from the Tags... ROPS S/N 12203898 Engine Plate - 4-390 Engine Plate - A174025 Engine Plate - 44224890 Frame 580K Pin/No 17424833 Manual says for PN JJG0020000 and above Wheels are stamped 1990 Gear shifter is in the floor Im guessing the wheels and manual are from another loader and its a Phase I. Any idea what year? I may post some more threads as I sort through this wiring nightmare. :Banghead Thanks
If your shifter is on the floor it's a phase 1. My super k is a phase 3.has the shuttle shifter fwd n and revon the left side of the steering column and my gear selector is on top of the right side dash with the gauges and in front of the hand throttle. I have no idea on exact year or even which s/n it is, but if you take that info to a case dealer they should be able to tell you. I know mine is a 94 and 3 out of the 4 wheels are stamped 94.
floor shifter wet brakes in front of axles not in the axles i/e behind the square plate ebay a set of manuals on disk worth the $ look under the left door for the serial # plate .jjg......... it may be painted over , mine was ... not on the door but on the frame body i dont think they have a year like a car they made a run for a few years and sold them untill they came out with the newer phase model n so on you probably can find out when yours was made but when you get parts its goes by model and serial # not year
phase 1 bought last year 10k new brakes $2500 parts only $ 1500 . 21 hoses $ 1500 for the thumb got a few glands to do $300 ..fan belt is a bitch damn money pit but it was cheaper than calling out to the local excavator co. had to invest in more tools too everthing needs bigger wrenches n sockets double damn
Thanks for the reply. I ordered a Phase 1 manual.
Hey bobbyblades, just noticed your thumb! Is it hydraulic? How's it hooked up and attached? Where'd you get it? I've got a 580 super K and I can really use a thumb. I've been told over and over that I shouldn't try to weld the steel on the boom... Thanks, a
If you have an extendahoe then your dipper is regular steel, not ductile cast iron. I plan to build a thumb for mine some time when I get a chance. It'll just be an adjustable mechanical thumb, but that'll work. Fine for me. I need to finish my toothbar first though..
Thanks for this... yes you are correct. I looked at it again after I sent the message. For some reason I had it in my head that it was ductile. Anyway... do you have plans for a thumb? I'd be very interested in seeing them! Cheers