Hello Everyone, I'm Jas from Kenya. Have been a member for a while but have always just been reading around. We own a family based construction company in Nairobi, and have primarily been carrying out building construction. I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and specialised in Engine Development in the UK. I moved back 4 years ago from the UK (being born and brought up in Nairobi, Kenya) and would like to branch out into the Civil field as the returns are better (and quicker!!). We invested in a used Caterpillar 432D Backhoe 3 years ago and its worked really well for us in carrying out minor jobs. After chasing a lot of Civil jobs and carrying out smaller jobs with hired equipment, I'm finally negotiating a size-able job that allows me to invest in an excavator. I'm really looking forward to learning from everyone here from the vast experience available........ Thanks Jas
Welcome, Jas! keep us posted on your new projects.
Welcome to HEF. We will look forward to stories of how things are done where you are.
Thank you.. Will definitely be asking questions soon as well as posting pictures.
A belated welcome to the Forums jas-E!:drinkup When I graduated from college I had a friend of mine that was in the Peace Corps located in the Tiata Hills. I spent 6 weeks in Kenya, staying primarily in the Tiata area, traveling to Mombasa, going on safari in Nakuru, Masai Mara and Nairobi National Parks. Traveled the train from Voi to Mombasa twice. Had a great time in your country, it's a beautiful place. The Mzima springs is a spectacular place to watch the hippos swim from the under water observation area. Road matatus around the Country, drank lukewarm Tusker and learned a little swahili - great time.
Thanks for the welcome messages everyone.. CM1995 when were you in Kenya last? I went to the Taita Hills Game reserve last year October time and it probably one of the best ones I've been to. Mombasa is not too far from there too. Good to know you've been here. And luke warm Tusker......classic especially when you're travelling!
I was there July/August of 1995, coming on 20 years ago. Damn I'm old..