Hi everyone just joined from RI. I own an auto salvage and towing company in the northern part of the state and currently operate a 1980 Clark 75b with forks a cat 966a with a bucket and my newest addition a 1994 John Deere 544g with a jrb coupler to replace both! Also use a bobcat 743b for small jobs and loading customers vehicles. I am no diesel mechanic but I do all work myself and will contribute if I can.
Welcome to HEF. Do you do any heavy towing, or just light? There are a few of us who do some wrecker work, I have a 20k rollback, and td25c has a couple of Holmes 750s. HeavyEquipmentForums http://www.heavytruckforums.com/showthread.php?263-Some-Holmes-750-action
As of right now just do light duty, mostly police towing and insurance work, current fleet is 14 Freightliner m2 car carrier, 07 m2 car carrier, 09 f550 wrecker, 08 f450 wrecker, and 05 f150 service/plow truck. Been looking at bigger wreckers but haven't made the keep yet. Actually thinking if I was to do it I would start with a tractor/ zack lift combo that could be used with a Lowbed just haven't found the right one yet,
Those Zacklifts are pretty good, but don't forget to look at the NRC quickswaps, too. NRC makes some nice equipment.