Hey guys, I'm Brad from Batavia, NY. Been in the heavy equipment field for about 15 years now. Started in high school working on the skid steers at a landscaping company, then on to a 5 year enlistment, 4 deployments, in the Navy Seabee construction force as a CM. After that I worked for Thompson Machinery in Nashville TN for a bit in the spec shop building trannys, axles, and torque convertors. Then moved back home to NY and started running a large stone quarry's maintenance program for 5 years in NY with about 30 pieces of equipment. And now, here I am 2.5 years into a job with Milton Caterpillar as a field service/lube tech. Hoping when I get into those repairs that rack my brain at night, I can come here for ideas!
Thanks for your service, and it sounds like you have a lot of experence yourself, welcome to the HEF Forum. sam.
Brad, Welcome. I took the tour of that Batavia shop back when it was first opened, some serious money invested there! Not sure if there are any of the guys left from the old Rochester store but Batavia could fit it in one corner and not notice it was there. We deal here with the Syracuse store.
You're welcome! Yeah the Batavia shop is pretty nice. I've been to Syracuse a handful of times for training classes, too.
Hello from northern, NY! I live in the 'dacks.
Been up your neck of "The Woods" a few times, Americade and passing through on the way to Vermont, NH and Maine with the sidecar outfit, nice country!
Ha! yah, I avoid the Americade like the plague on the way home. I only live about 15 minutes north of the village and usually hit Rt. 9 to home, but the traffic is too much so I take the northway the entire week. Don't mind bikes just not that much traffic lol. Sorry for the thread hijack! It is nice up here, but the rules and regulations from the APA and enviros in NYC suck.