We just took delivery of a new Sany 75 Excavator. Very impressed with the construction and fit of the machine. Isuzu engine, KYB pump, looks like hydash finals, all common stuff. We have an attachment group coming from Aim for a pin grabber hyd coupler , thumb and 3 buckets. After install it will be going to work, more after that. We likely will be getting a couple more of these as the cost is way under other brands.
Hers a pic, have rubber bolt on pads ordered, so that will be fun.lol
You mind me asking how much cheaper it was then other brands? I wonder how well it will hold up.
About 30k. it is a tier 3 engine, the tier4 will be more. It weighs the same as a JD 80 size machine. I can find nothing light duty about it, they are taking over the overseas markets by storm or so im told. In the Machinery trader. We sourced it from Kitsap Equipment. They bought a bunch last order so they are closing them out.
everything works well until sh*t hit the fan...they are cheap for a reason. Give it a couple thousand hours. The initial price point is very enticing but it will cost you more than that JD 80 over time. downtime,parts availability, after sales support, re-sale value all factors that should be taken into consideration. Would be interested to know if you could get a service manual for this machine. Hope it works out ! :drinkup
Congrats on the new iron. Keep us updated on its performance over time. Best of luck with it as well...
I researched the overseas reviews before we got this, I think it will be fine. We dont re- sell or trade in machines, they die here after a couple rebuilds. We have some JD equip over 10k hrs never had a head off. We also dont take things to the dealer for repairs, all in house , and with our local JD lack of customer support , unless you have unlimited funds, I source most parts online. We have older machines that they dont even support anyway.
That is the problem, these cheap machines aren't meant to be rebuilt. Pin bosses and weldments aren't beefy enough for reworking. The frames and carbodys are way lighter than comparable machines. Time will tell about the support aspect. A contractor near me bought a larger Sany hoe and it took ages to get parts.
Well ,an update, 200 hrs and so far no issues with the machine. The muffler is rattling inside the "can" they made to surround it but a warranty replacement is on the way. The only complaint is the right "footrest" is the aux valve pedal and the thumb is on it and there is no place to rest your foot, so thats going on the joystick soon.
Any more thoughts on it?
So , yes, since 238 hours it has a hydraulic issue where the boom jumps and it wont pull a grade. Spool was tight on boom section, honed bore. seems better. And now at 1666 hrs the stick is doing this. So we have swapped pilot functions to eliminate the joysticks being the issue, pressures are all good. Pretty much have it narrowed down to the main valve section or something in it. Any rexroth valve experts here???? And swing and traver and bucket all work fine when the stick is being pissed.
The only machine I have seen that bad was a Cat 240. No Cat fitter could fix it, the last after 10 straight hours working on it threw his tools into a puddle of water and drove off. The machine was sent back to Cat as " not fit for purpose". Liugong had similar problems with a 240 I worked on but nowhere as bad as yours. They tried fixing fixing by changing all the spools in the control bank with a type that had a slight bevel. The theory was the bevel would allow the oil to gradually feed into the system. It didn't make any difference. I know this may not help your problem, but how does it go just doing bulk work?
We have a hitachi 100-2 (JD590) that gets like that once in a while if I'm trying to do finish work... I usually just attribute it to the wear on the pins we have. Had the lower boom line bored and I think it made it a little better but it will still get into the rhythm now and then unfortunately. Could also be a pressure sensor getting finicky or something along those lines. We also have been looking into getting a sany just because of the components they use to put em' together with and some others we know that have used them like the machine.
It still does it in bulk work once warm. I have just ruined my eyeballs wading thru the Rexroth valve manual and I am thinking whatever the hell a compensator valve is, that may be doing this. There are no pressure sensors that do control work on this. It just tells the monitor the pressure. If all of the other functions were jerky I would go straight to the pump but they are fine. My guy that worked on it yesterday has today off so we will talk monday, the other mechanic said he left scratching his head and mumbling incoherently.LOL We have gauges on the pilot line to see if the pressure ramps up slowly as well as the work port to see the same. So more testing will ensue.
Some of the Chinese machines had a switch under an arm rest to disable the puter but still allowed the machine to be worked. If it has this it may help with diagnosis. Just sayin.
I will look.
Any luck diagnosing?
They are sending us a new valve stack. I will report back after we work it. We did find the load checks inner sleeve machining is very rough and its easy to make them stick, when I told them my displeasure with this they coughed up the valve. We were going to polish the ID .
could be a flow compensator in the valve - a broken spring, or the little spool sticking in the bore or some debris in it. I'd like to see the schematic though to see if there's any sort of drift reduction or pilot operated lock valves in the stick circuit. Also check and make sure you don't have any sort of pattern changer valve that's inching it's way towards the other pattern.
A friend of mine was plumbing sanys for thumbs and aux hydraulics for the dealer here, he said every one was different... Some ran their factory plumbing one way through the chassis, some went another route and stretched the hoses, some parts were put on different sides of bulkheads... Depends on what worker built it that day... He gave up on them.
The problem with buying machines like this from a place like Kitsap Equipment is how long are they going to be a dealer? They have sold many different brands through the years and give no support at all down the road. I know, I have a customer who bought a Yuchai from them. And just because these machines have "common" brand name components does not mean you can buy them locally. Name brand companies often build components for various equipment companies that are proprietary, meaning you have to purchase the component from that specific equipment company.
If I remember right an EX100-2 is a Deere 190. I know it's not a 590.
^^ could be I was just repeating what someone had told me... could have been a guy at the dealer in kent.... not sure it's been a few years
So true. On that note I am dealing with the factory directly now .