Hi all, I recently purchased a used E20 volvo excavator. I was hoping someone here had some idea as to how I could open the "counter weight" on the back so I could inspect the engine compartment. I would then need to close it again. The issue is the weight of it? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
O.K. Ill be the bunny. So no one answered ? . You do not open counter-weights on any excavator I have ever seen. These weight are fixed items. There will be a door-inspection hatch that will let you check the engine. Hope you never opened the counter weight inspection door.
The Volvo EC20 appears to have an engine cover with a key lock from the pictures, some kind of latch you release and then lift up. If you must remove the counterweight for access, you will need a hoist, good rigging, and remove the bolts that hold it on.