Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New owner of neglected Terex 760 TLB, looking for fluid and filter info

Justbarriault ยท 2017-04-15 09:05

Hi guys. I've been searching threads and haven't seen anything yet so I apologize if this is repetitive. I just purchased a (2004?) Terex 760 TLB for pretty cheap money. Everything seems to work good, but maintenance has been minimal. I just have a couple smaller projects to do so I'm hoping I can limp it along. I have no manuals but have figured out a great deal of info thanks to this forum, but I would like to change the fluids out ASAP as you'd cringe if I described how they look to you. Any one have any filter numbers or oil viscosities? I'd certainly like to start with the bare minimum of the motor and hydraulic so that I'm not scared moving it around my yard. I'm also in need of a few parts, most importantly a park brake caliper and hydraulic tank cap. I can't find a single used part locally on craigslist or anywhere in the US on EBAY. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2017-04-15 13:56

    I think they might still be the same machine as when they were Fermec that was bought by Tenneco(Case). A Case dealer may have parts and manuals.

  2. #2Justbarriault2017-04-18 11:32

    Starting to sort through the correct fluids and filters. Fortunately Wix lists some of the filters on their website which is awesome. In bad news the New Hampshire dealer for the parts listed on the Terex website is 5 minutes from my home, but they no longer carry the parts and have no clue if there is a current NH dealer. There's a fair amount of these machines out there, but so little help! It needs a park brake caliper and I don't think there's an easy way to go around that, going to need a dealer

  3. #3Billrog2017-04-18 22:53

    Try here https://www.greatlakesequipment.com/terex-parts-s/1824.htm