Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Posi-Track forest edition.

BIGBEN2004 ยท 2008-02-07 21:29

I know many already probably know this but Posi-track just introduced the new series machines and in the line up is a Forest package for the PT-100. Looks cool for those who are in this type of business. Not any good for dirt work... http://www.posi-track.com/

Replies25
  1. #1Dig-UP2008-02-09 20:45

    sweet little mulcher there... Those machines are very useful in more ways than one...

  2. #2BIGBEN20042008-02-09 22:05

    That one would be hard to run in a tight yard trying to grade with it, with all the guards on it. You cant see much out of it and would run into allot of things.

  3. #3HeyUvaVT2008-02-12 08:27

    if you change the PT stickers to RC stickers and the mulcher to a timberax we have that exact body armor setup....its awesome in the woods...buts its a major PITA to service the machine (dropping HEAVY skid plates and fightin to fact that the hood opens forward and the brush guard flips backwards :Banghead:Banghead )

  4. #4jimmyjack2008-02-12 21:07

    heres a new one that was sitting out front of the dealer were TATER and i got the RC60

  5. #5BIGBEN20042008-02-12 22:43

    I like that they shorten up the back of the machines now. I never liked the big backend's on the posi tracks. That looks like a nice compact machine now. Just one complaint. They still need to make the side windows bigger mainly lower toward the tracks more for better side visibility. Also it looks like the lift cylinders and the loader arms come down close to some kind of plastic. If you have the loader up in the air and dirt or wood material builds up on that then you will crush the cylinder's.

  6. #6GRUZ PLT2008-03-26 11:31

    Ower company purchased a RC100 with a fecon mower and forestry package. It is a tough little machine @ only 13,000lbs.

  7. #7TMTS2008-04-03 19:19

    it still puzzles me why they go to all the trouble of guarding, beefing up, etc. but they still wont pressurize the cabs!!! way too much dust in mulching to not have a pressurized cab...

  8. #8bobcat ron2008-04-03 19:40

    One of my customers tried an SR-70 on his farm, he was blown away with the power, he got dirt piled up against the front door! But he said that it was built cheap and not very "beefy" in the areas that it should be, so he sent it back.

  9. #9HeyUvaVT2008-04-03 22:39

    the lack of a pressurized cab is the main reason that we are looking at some other machines right now...most of the purpose built machines have them..

  10. #10Digdeep2008-04-04 18:32

    I have heard from a reliable source that they are very close to releasing a pressurized cab this year.

  11. #11Digdeep2008-04-04 18:35

    I think that the SR-70 uses the ver ysame loader arm that the RC100 uses and I haven't heard anyone say that the arms didn't hold up. I wonder what he thought wasn't beefy enough? It seems to be pretty well put together for an 8,000lb machine. It is the exact same frame as the SR80 with the exception of the undercarriage.

  12. #12Willis Bushogin2008-04-05 14:30

    Mulching I have a Fecon FTX90L (Rayco 87L) with loader arms, Fecon head, it does have the pressurized cab, with the forestry package, steel tracks (I heard they were cheaper to replace, than the rubber tracks) winch (I have needed it on several occasions) I did a bunch of research, before I bought this and I found out, overall this is the best machine, for what I do. Good Luck and do your homework

  13. #13John H2008-04-05 15:04

    How is you'r FXT90 holding up? We have the 87L and had a few troubles with it. We just ordered a new set of track chaines for it. It's got around 920 hours on it.

  14. #14Tracker2008-04-14 19:45

    Any tricks to dropping those skid plates off the RC-100. Time for my first cleaning and oil change. Thought I would ask???

  15. #15HeyUvaVT2008-04-14 20:45

    I am doin this now for the 4th time...here is what I do...park the machine on top of two railroad ties...over a ditch...half way up your trailer ramps...something to get it higher off the ground...next get a friend to help if possible but if you cant get any help a floor jack will be useful...if not available just start by loosening all the bolts (the front and rear plates arent bad at all its the middle belly pan thats a PITA) then starting at one end remove them so the plate lowers at one end at a time (this will keep you from getting smacked down by the plate) after you have one end loose place something under it to support it as close to the installed height as you can (this will prevent the last bolts from binding as you remove them)....just take your time and be careful...the middle plate is HEAVY when you take the weight of the steel itself and then add in the weight of however much dirt is on top of it its crazy...on a side note...if you are taking the plates off go ahead and tilt the cab back and clean it that way too...it is scary how much crap ends up between the cab and the plates...we do ours every 50-75 hours...have fun!!

  16. #16Tracker2008-04-14 20:58

    Many thanks - I'll give that a try...

  17. #17Digdeep2008-04-15 00:34

    When I looked under one of the newer RC100s fitted with a forestry package it had hinged belly plates so did the new PT100 also equipped with the forestry package. They also looked reinforced.

  18. #18Willis Bushogin2008-04-15 08:15

    price on track chains I dont need them, but just wondered what the track chains cost and where did you get them? I heard they were made by Berco and you could get them cheaper from them. My machine is doing great, it only has 400+ hours, a new engine was put in around 350 hrs. I havent had any problems with the machine since Ive had it.

  19. #19TMTS2008-05-19 16:21

    Willis- do you have the duetz or yanmar engine in your FTX 90 ? I seem to remember there were some overheating issues with the duetz... how do like it overall? thanks -tmts

  20. #20Willis Bushogin2008-05-19 17:14

    mulching machine I have the second Duetz engine. When I bought the machine about 6 months ago, it had just had a new engine and new cooling package installed. As I was told, the engines was running hot and causing it to fail, but after they installed the new engines and the cooling package, it worked OK. I have run it long hot days and it doesnt even come close to running hot. This is a great machine, and I recommend it highly. Due, to my other business growing pretty fast and needs my full attention, I will be putting the machine up for sale, in a few weeks. I run the machine myself, so its not abused. It has around 400 hrs, I think there is engine warranty, for a few more months. Hope this answers your question

  21. #21Timark802008-05-30 11:09

    How bout ASV's in the FL panhandle How many owner/operators are running PT 100 and RC 100's in this part of the state?

  22. #22positrack2008-10-18 14:51

    asv have gone backwards with the rc 100 power wise the old 4810 is a better machine

  23. #23stumper1202008-10-18 22:40

    ran a brand new pt100 with a fecon today/ pressurized cab/ reversable radiator fan/ bigger cabin. plus more hydro flow. pretty sweet rig.:usa

  24. #24GRUZ PLT2008-11-11 21:37

    Nice little machines, but they still need a few years of feed back.

  25. #25TMTS2008-11-22 07:05

    stumper120 - where are you in NH? Did you demo the new PT-100? I rented one of the earlier non-pressurized PT100s and was a little underwhelmed by the hydraulic power...