www.pacificlogging.net
Bookmark added to the box.
nice site` looked at the google been pretty close to your location a few times on the way out to aberdeen
Thanks guys! We like our little wet corner of the world.
Nice Picture gallery. Nice web site. I see you have a career button for Junkyard to click.
Very cool I'll check it out. We drive through Oakville many times on the way to the beach and back. When it gets jammed up around Olympia fort Lewis we just go the back way. I'd rather drive slow single file than hectic multi-lane.
Very cool stuff. The gallery alone was worth the visit, if you mixing pictures of kids and dogs in with Petes and KWs (and lots of others heavy equipment), you're okay in my book. I'm a big YouTube watcher, DirtPerfect just posted a video of previewing an equipment auction, he took his young son along. Very cool video.
Great site! Nice images, the career button is cool. I tried to to push it... but a guy wearing rigging rags just popped up laughing at me!
Already looked it all over. Know what houses go for around there and everything! Even Truck Shop is pushing me that direction lol.
It rains there, a little... heh heh heh. The landscape has a green quality about it and most days it is not hot enough to melt asphalt! Time to load up!
The climate would be a change for sure. I’ve always been in the Midwest whether down here in OK or up in IL or the great white north of MN. Temps seem more consistent down where I could end up living. Up at elevation I’d imagine things get more interesting.
Sometimes... It is home for me. I find myself 3500 miles away. Haulback will post a image of a side somewhere on some sidehill... leaves me wanting to pack my rags and cameras and head home.
Other than in and out making a delivery I’ve never spent much time up there. I’d already be there if not for the kiddos and family here. Those logistics are tough!
This place is nice if you like algae and fungus. The streams are clear and cold and full of the bugs that cause beaver fever. So many people are moving here from California and surrounding states that houses pop up in tracks faster than mushrooms in the lawn. The houses are stacked together so tight that people live like ants in a hill. The political culture is wacko left on the west side and wacko right on the east side of the state. We have a governor who is the mirror image of the outgoing president who decided he would run for president using the taxpayer's money. We give more rights to criminals, drug addicts and pushers than we do to tax paying citizens. The scenery is nice here and there is lots of greenery on the west side of the state. It's just the bait to suck you into the trap.
I appreciate all the rain we get, if we didn't EVERYONE would want to live here, it keeps some of them away! It also grows trees like crazy, it's all good.
I've grown accustomed to the not so freaking hot summers here. We'll just not talk about the 4 months starting July 5 that are really too dry. Keep that on the Q.T.
Grow baby GROW!!!
The old term for a West Sider---------Moss Back or 206'er. Plus one thing was left out---------- Blackberry vines worse than bamboo-but them berries are good on vanilla ice cream.
Reminds me of what Smokey Yunick used to call mon-backers. The guys on the trash trucks telling the driver cmon back!
Smokey, he was a interesting guy.
If you haven’t read it, his autobiography is awesome. I have if if you’d like to borrow it.
Oh I've read tons on the life of Smokey--I think his best remark was when he told GM that their Corvette was a manure spreader.
The people he rubbed elbows with is amazing. Talk about the right place and the right time in history.
Love the dog pic in the back of the pickup!
That is Skagit. He was about 6 months old there.
Blackberry vines = kudzu in the southeast
Actually, Blackberry vines = blackberry vines in the southeast. We got tons of them, and they are one of my favorite things to eat.
I can't take Skagit picking berries, he eats them all off the vines!
LOL. My first Jack did that with those little tomatoes. He'd find them under the bush and eat them, then he realized hey, look at all these other ripe ones.
Good looking site @Hallback !
What is the blue pc 200? I dont know what it is but i want it.
The PC290-11 is the carrier for our Falcon winch assist system. It is a very nice tool as it gives up to 44k assistance in tension on our Tigercat 855. Here is a photo from yesterday. This was a 78% slope.
Thats serious line pull , what kind of wire do you run to make that on a single line pull? Like your web site . Your log trucks look good . As ive comented before nice loads ,but not the tire crunching iron wrenching loads i see up here.
We run 1-1/8" compact swaged so we have a better than 3-1 safety margin on the line.
We run 1-1/8" compact swaged so we have a better than 3-1 safety margin on the line. Thank you, I try to have the best that I can so if I fail, it's on me & not for lack of spending or trying.
You mean to say you haven't got the missus making jam out of them yet..? Hint: Add sour apples to the jam, it makes the fruit go further. We call them cooking apples back home, no idea if they exist in the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bramley_apple
There are actually three "tribes". Moh-tees, mom-backs, and ho-de-dohs.......... but that's a story for another day.
BTW. Like the site Hallback, especially the photos.