Noticed this today. It is coming from the rear idler. It smells like motor oil. Not grease and definitely not rear end fluid. What the crap. Easy fix but a pain in the *** trip to the dealer.
Dumb question, are they oil filled? Do they need maintenance, not that mine should need it at 40hr, but I guess it’s not just sealed bearing.
Typically oil filled, no maintenance, throwaway. Possible being that new it was just overfilled and the heat will push excess oil out if there isn't enough air space to absorb the expansion. Maybe, lol
Makes sense. It was the hottest I worked it since I got it.
I would keep an eye on it, if it keeps leaking go right back to the dealer and get yourself a new one under warranty
If it's out of waranty you can rebuild those if the bearing isn't shot. They also can be refilled with oil. If oil came out the bearing wont last long
Update. Dealer pre ordered part and I’m here getting it changed. I tried to get them to let me bring the bad roller and exchange it.
Roller got changed, they had me out in a couple hours.
I have one on a CAT that leaks once in a while, do you have any info on how to re-seal them?
They're all similar but a little different, usually the way to pull the seal collars off is obvious, will be a pin or snap ring, etc. Your CAT stealer should be able to order the seals, since nobody stocks ANYTHING anymore... You do one side, flip it, fill it half full with lube while it's open, reassemble and install.