Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New T-Mar Grapple Yarder

DBDLS · 2011-11-20 17:35

I put this information up in the obscure makes section, but I think it deserves a thread of its own. Just to let everyone know that there is a drawing of T-Mar's new grapple yarder in the Fall 2011 issue of the Truck Logger BC magazine. I put in a call to T-Mar so I could get permission to post the picture for everyone to see, but haven't received an answer. So I will give the brief specs and a description of the machine in the picture. The machine weighs in at 100,000 lbs (about 15,000 lbs more than a Madill 120), has CAT diesel power, side by side mainline drums (like the 6280 and 7280) and what looks to be a rear tilting engine enclosure. At a quick glance the machine looks very similar to a Madill 120 with a lattice type boom, a swiveling haulback fairlead and staggered roller fairleads for the mainlines. The cab looks much the same as the 120/124 cab with the ability to tilt for transport. The cab guard looks similar in design as well to the 120/124 design, but is considerably taller. It has a topping line drum (never did understand why Madill made that optional on the 120) and 3 guyline drums mounted in a single frame between the bottom rear gantry legs. All in all, it is a very nice looking design. According to the article the machine could be out working in the spring of 2012. So everyone going past T-Mar's yard keep your eyes peeled. Hopefully Murk100 will be able to track this machine down when it hits the woods and give us all a full report along with pictures. Here's wishing T-Mar all the best with their new machine. DBDLS

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies192
  1. #1log big2011-11-21 11:50

    wen did T Mar start making equipment

  2. #20752011-11-22 00:15

    They made a couple of rubber tired line loaders for M&B back in the 90,s. Check" Forestecks "web site for a look at one.

  3. #3log big2011-11-22 01:27

    thanks 075 i don't no vary much about logging equipment in the west coast im from Montana

  4. #4Murk1002011-11-25 12:27

    I saw the same article in the TLA magazine, can't wait to see it... the plans have been in the works for years just waiting for a customer. It was designed by Jim Mantle who also designed the Cypress 7280 etc. I believe he has been with T Mar since Cypress shut down, they also have one of the top Madill designers employed their Ed ??? I stopped in and yaked for a bit with Ed few months back and he was telling me the were re-drawing the plans to CAD or some other program... I should be yarding in the spring 2012

  5. #5log big2011-11-25 13:22

    i like the 7280s good yarder

  6. #6Rusty Grapple2011-11-25 19:10

    That 'Ed' is Ed Hughes who was with Madill for years and years. Ed designed the Madill 071 and 171, and worked on the design team 121, 122, 123 as well. Of course he was involved with building the 120, 124, and 172- as well as the Madill hydraulic machinery lineup. Ed worked at Madill right to the end and upon Madill's closure went to T-Mar nearly immediately. The first steel was cut for this machine in October and T-Mar has a home for it with a contractor close to the shops just in case any hick-ups arise. I am told that marketing won't begin in earnest until 6 or so months have passed without issue. I have seen the drawings and the machine should be a nice machine in the right size-range. Big-yarder features in a much smaller package.

  7. #71931 kenworth2011-12-02 21:41

    HI Guys Did you know that Nicholson in sidney bc has Brightwater in newzealand building 2 124 madills down there they have 2 customers for them. They are getting Ideal gear in vancouver to cut the gears and sending them down on ocean freight. Brightwater used to be a dealer for madill in 70's and 80's but had some falling out and they started building their own swing yarders but i dont think it worked out. I quess they have made a deal with nicholson. Doug Kinney from down under was up visiting last week and popped in to see me i forget the names of the customers. If i can get some pictures i will post them. Larry

  8. #8JeremyM702011-12-03 12:59

    Great info, do you remember if they were staying down under or coming back to BC or the US?

  9. #9furpo2011-12-04 03:24

    The Brightwater 124s have been on the go for a while now. The two machines are to stay down here for now. I understand it has been some of the Northern parts which have been holding up the first machine. As far as I know Brightwater never built a swinger. Their pole haulers are good machines and they will still make them to order. Hopefully Doug likes his new processor. The old operator was sad to see it go. Does anyone have a link to the TMar yarder article? The suspence is killing me.

  10. #10Redwood Climber2011-12-04 09:43

    Pictures, articles, or drawings please! Ditto on the suspense is killing me, I've been checking the forum everyday, hoping for a glimpse of the new TMar yarder. It's great to know that new yarders are being built, when we come out of this economic slump we will need them. Yarders are tough machines, but they do not last forever. I believe there will be a shortage, many will have to be brought out of mothballs, and graveyards to log again! Let's make the recovery come before all the parked yarders are melted down & on their way to China.

  11. #11log big2011-12-04 13:23

    i hope the new yarder will last a long time log big fear no tree

  12. #121931 kenworth2011-12-04 20:24

    Sorry about that i know they didnt build any had swing on my mind must be getting old. I heard Tmar has everything ready to go but who ever wants it will have to come up with half the money that might be the hold up I wonder how much one would be these days. I know I have been having a heck of a time getting parts for the yarders lately hopefully the usa will get back on track.

  13. #13hoechucker2011-12-04 21:13

    I've heard from a very good source that they are asking a million bucks US.but what it'll actually take is another story altogether.

  14. #14furpo2011-12-05 01:15

    Brightwaters have been good to us regarding new bits for the 120 and will remanufacture parts for the older Madills and Thunderbirds. I should think Nicholsons would do the same for the north American customers.

  15. #150752012-01-15 14:16

    In the new Truck loggers Magazine T-Mar has an ad for their New Yarder. It reads LOG CHAMP , T-MAR Manufactured, SWING YARDER . Power:CAT C9 (350hp). U/C 8" Pitch c/w 9 Excavator Rollers, Swing:125,000lbs.Swing Torque, 55' Live Boom, 3Walking Guylines, Operating Weight:100,000lbs. Nothing on their web site about it yet. They have a booth at the Truck Loggers most likely more information will be there.

  16. #16Redwood Climber2012-01-15 16:57

    Man, they sure do know how to play that suspense card don't they? I'm dying to see the first pics. I'm sure they want to get it out the door and get it to working, but enough is enough.......yarder addict is in need of a fix here.....Hurry hurry hurry....... I'm sure they want to get it as right as possible before it goes out, they have to know that lots of eyes are looking at the new kid on the block.

  17. #171931 kenworth2012-01-24 01:41

    Well I heard Western Forest Products north island has ordered the T Mar Yarder can anybody confirm this.

  18. #18Born2clearcut2012-01-24 12:24

    Here's a ad in Truck Logger BC edtion Winter 2012 . I see they have the mainline and slack puller fairleads staggered side by side , I thought Thunderbird proved this to be a bad design since it tends to twist the boom and fatigue the welds . Maybe they have improved on this . time will tell .

  19. #19log frog2012-01-25 00:30

    Well at least it's yellow. That's a good start!!

  20. #20DoosanFan2012-01-25 01:24

    With the odd, awful green but it looks good, I would love to see one

  21. #21MikeKB2012-01-28 18:12

    075, do tell, is this new Tmar yarder coming your way Mike

  22. #220752012-01-28 18:40

    Most likely not true. No one up here really cares for the small yarders . We traded straight across a 124 for a 7280C. So I am doubtful if any Div. here is getting one.

  23. #23DBDLS2012-05-12 11:44

    Just had a look at T-Mar's website. There are pictures and information on the Log Champ yarder. The machine looks like a cross between a Madill 120 and a Cypress 6280, which is understandable considering the folks who designed the machine. All in all I think it looks good aesthetically. Could someone who knows what they are doing post a link to this? Thanks.

  24. #24donkey doctor2012-05-12 19:16

    http://www.tmarequipment.com/t-mar-built/yarder/

  25. #251931 kenworth2012-05-16 00:55

    I heard that someone in alaska bought a 124 from nicolson and brightwater is building it any truth to that. $1.5 plus $50,000 for ocean freight.

  26. #26Kiwi Logger2012-05-16 02:55

    Well Brightwater have a brand new 124 that is either finished or nearly finished, it had been presold but I believe the sale fell through after the build was started.

  27. #27furpo2012-05-16 03:45

    I beleive Brightwater have two on the go. Just had a look at the link. What is most interesting is how the engine is mounted. It looks like it will use a 90deg final drive instead of the more usual chain case. The strawline drum location looks good. I wonder how the side by side mains will go for grappling. With previous machines this arrangement gave trouble with too much slack on the slackpuller.

  28. #281931 kenworth2012-05-17 16:04

    Well that solves that thanks for the info

  29. #29T-MAR2012-05-23 17:33

    Hi All, I work at T-MAR and stumbled across this thread while looking for some other information and thought I'd chime in. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. We've manufactured a variety of stuff including kobelco based hydraulic loaders and roadbuilders, hoe drills, grapples, loaders and have done a lot of rebuild work to boot. We do indeed have Jim Mantle and Ed Hughes of Cypress and Madill respectively putting the finishing touches on the yarder design. We just finished a new website with some info on it and I'll be adding more as we go: www.tmarequipment.com -Tyson Lambert T-MAR Industries LTD

  30. #30log big2012-05-24 13:36

    any pictures of kobelco log loaders

  31. #31T-MAR2012-05-24 13:56

    Sure, there's a whole bunch at the bottom of this page here: http://www.tmarequipment.com/industries/forestry/

  32. #32log big2012-05-24 18:19

    i might come to campbell bc sometime maybe see the shop

  33. #33T-MAR2012-05-25 11:18

    Bring your salmon rod!

  34. #34furpo2012-05-27 06:10

    Welcome to the forum, Straight to the blunt question, how much $?

  35. #35T-MAR2012-05-27 12:14

    thanks, 1,100,000 CAD is our price. Full description is here: http://www.tmarequipment.com/t-mar-built/yarder/ Basically what we're looking at is a machine ideal for second growth harvesting in steep areas. It's based on a design that's been successful here yarding both up and downhill but in a 55 ton package that's easier to move and more fuel efficient. It'll also work with carriages which are popular in some areas. Let me know if any more questions. -Tyson

  36. #36J&R_INC.2012-05-27 12:48

    Looks like the love child of a Madill 120 and a T-Bird 155. I like it though. Will the drum reversing system on the front rdum set be mre reliable than the 155? Could it be customized to hold a bit more cable like 4000ft on the Haulback and 2000 on the mains?

  37. #37T-MAR2012-05-31 21:43

    Might be.. The winch frame might have to be changed to accommodate bigger drums. The drum reversing setup is similar to a cypress 7280 where it basically looks like a differential with a brake band around it. It's been a reliable design which is why we went that direction. I don't know enough about the 155 to know if it works the same or not.

  38. #38log big2012-08-21 19:38

    any than new on the champ 550 yarder?

  39. #39T-MAR2012-08-23 15:52

    Still working on the sale of the 1st one which is always the most difficult. Lots of serious interest so we should be there soon.

  40. #402dayslogger2012-10-15 21:35

    old gear jammer technology...... and fuel consumption is out the door with a cat in it.Lets get with the times hydraulic drums full interlock. Very user freindly, lowbed with easy and no wieght issues

  41. #41SPMiller2012-10-16 00:22

    The new cat's are actually pretty easy on fuel. Surprisingly so. What seemed to be the issue was electronics, and replacing injectors all the time. Atleast in the earth moving side of Cat equipment

  42. #42Scott_5272013-01-10 08:29

    Have you sold any of these yarders yet Tyson? Is there much iron in the yard lately? Any rebuilds going on? We all like pictures here haha

  43. #43T-MAR2013-01-16 15:18

    Still anxiously waiting for a deal to pan out. If the availability and price of parts for the older machines is any indication then it can't be to much longer before we get going. Lots of iron coming and going. We've had a couple of 7280s and a 124 go out recently, 044 here right now, more on the way. Quite a few others in the yard as always. I've been adding articles with some pictures to the news section of tmarequipment.com so keep an eye on that. Have some more to add including a sullair screw compressor upgrade for the 7280 that's working out really well. Shoot me a message if you want something specific and I'll see if I can run out with a camera when I get the chance.

  44. #44Scott_5272013-01-18 11:18

    Nothing specific, just if anything interesting comes through or if you're doing any interesting jobs I'd like to see it. I'm kind of a junky for Cypress stuff haha. I see that you guys are using ForestTech as a deal network and they've had a lot of smaller swing yarders listed lately so I thought maybe you guys had sold a couple yarders.

  45. #45borntoclearcut2013-01-31 09:00

    When i get home this weekend , going to head to Campbell River , perhaps i can get a pic or two of this machine

  46. #462352013-02-27 09:46

    look for pic of the machine

  47. #47log big2013-03-02 15:41

    i like to see a movie on it

  48. #48DBDLS2013-05-31 01:30

    Hey Folks: Check out T-Mar's website. They have designed a big brother for the 550, the Log Champ 650. Cat C15 engine, 525 horsepower, 5 speed Cat transmission, 65' boom, 2000' of mainline, 4200' of haulback, 150,000 lbs operating weight. I sure would love to get my hands on that one. Just wondering if Tyson could get the line speeds for the 550 and 650 machines. I'm curious how they compare to other swing yarders.

  49. #49Scott_5272013-06-01 08:27

    That's pretty exciting, I kind of figured they would offer a larger version at some point. A 124 weighs 125,000lbs and this new 650 weighs 150k so that would put it somewhere between a 124 and a 7280 right? Hopefully they will have good luck selling these!

  50. #50T-MAR2013-06-24 20:18

    Teaser

  51. #51TorkelH2013-06-25 04:18

    So, do you finally have an order? Congrats! Looking forward to see machine (in action).

  52. #52log big2013-08-24 01:26

    hello T-MAR how are the machines doing the 650 sounds big hope to see pictures of it

  53. #53prolog nz2014-01-18 19:33

    Any updates on the log champ? Also wouldn't mind seeing some progress pics of the 123 that was being rebuilt up there if anyone has any?

  54. #54prolog nz2014-01-18 19:36

    this one^^^^

  55. #55Coastal WA2014-02-23 16:34

    Rumor on the street, Oregon Logging Conference last Thursday 20 Feb 2014, T Mar has sold one of their new designed Swing Yarders. SOunds like it sold to some one close to Cambell River and is supposed to be in the woods in June. Looking forward to seeing pictures/video of it.

  56. #56T-MAR2014-04-16 15:30

    Here's a pic of the 123 I took a little while back. It's a bit like designing a new machine - Substantial changes to drive and pip, hydraulics, air and cab. Has to be repeatable, come with a parts book, schematics, etc. Nearly all of it is designed around components available for other machines to make it easy to work on and get parts for. Starting to take shape!

  57. #57wornout wrench2014-04-16 16:25

    Come on Tyson how about another teaser of what you have on the new one so far. You must have more then a few pieces of steel welded together Inquiring minds want to know. Mind you, I live in CR so I could drop by one day and beg for a look opcorn

  58. #58T-MAR2014-05-14 00:31

    Final assembly began this week. We still have a little ways to go as it's the first one and we want everything "just so". Will give you guys some pictures once it starts to look real interesting. Stay tuned If you're in CR come by!

  59. #59Coastal WA2014-07-01 23:22

    T-MAR any updates on the new swing yarder?

  60. #60T-MAR2014-07-14 11:26

    Picture of Log Champ Hi Folks. We're well into assembly and the new swing yarder, dubbed the Log Champ 550, will be out the door and on the slope soon. Here she is this Friday: We're looking at: Mantle Style side by side mains - full interlock and same speed reversing 55' height from turf to tip 3 guylines and a live boom 70,000lbs pull at bare drum more lift / regen torque than a 7280 one piece move with gantry folded and left attached 350hp cat engine and transmission - C9 acert (no tier 4), 6 speed CX28 completely fly by wire - electronic controls with no oil or air in the cab, no pilot system, no airboard no chaincase! we'll keep you posted. If you have any questions email sales at t-mar dot com and that'll get through to me. Also questions welcomed here.

  61. #61T-MAR2014-07-14 11:29

    View of the other side from a bit earlier in the week for y'all

  62. #62Scott_5272014-07-15 06:14

    The Yarder is looking good Tyson, keep us posted. Is it going to be painted blue or is that just primer? Looking forward to seeing it in action!

  63. #63T-MAR2014-07-15 10:14

    that's right it will be blue. This was hotly debated at our shop and the blue looks great outside in the light.

  64. #64Scott_5272014-07-15 16:59

    Personally I like grapple yarders in blue. Both the light Cypress or Interfore blue and the darker navy blue you see on some of the Cypresses.

  65. #65T-MAR2014-07-15 17:18

    Well it's not quite Cypress blue but there are a few nods to tradition: The white cab, white tip on the boom, kobelt yarding control (with a modern electronic spin). This will be a dark blue which we've always liked There are quite a few breaks from tradition as well. You might notice that there's no chain case in the pictures. The machine is electronically controlled so there are far fewer hoses and no oil or air in the cab. It also eliminates the relay panel and air board. Troubleshooting is extremely simple on this machine - one valve, one function. Pretty much the same thing goes for wires. Mechanical same speed reversing and interlock is there - those of you familiar with 7280s will see it right away. I understand these slip clutches actually have a bit more regen torque. The cooling fan is a variable speed hydraulic fan that uses a number of inputs from the engine ECU, Transmission ECU and chassis temp senders to run at the right speed. If a short or open circuit is found in any sensor it will go to full stroke. If the operator wants he can set it to full stroke from the control screen and keep working if there's a problem. If customers want a reversing fan we can install that as well. We have a bit more up our sleeve, stay tuned!

  66. #66wornout wrench2014-07-16 03:39

    Well boys and girls I went to the Tmar shop yesterday and Tyson was gracious enough to take an hour out of his busy day to show off the new yarder. Pretty darn nice I say. I can not wait to see it finished and out making wood. Yes it is radically different, but parts of it will look very familiar to old GY mechanics like myself. I don't want to say too much. It is Tmar's machine so I think that they should be the ones to tell the world about it. Nice job guys And the wrench gets off his soap box and waits patiently for the finished product ( and a chance to see it in operation):woohoo

  67. #67theironoracle2014-07-18 00:26

    Blue? doesn't that make it a Skagit? LOL. the machine looks and sounds amazing!....TIO

  68. #68Coastal WA2014-07-18 06:27

    Looks like a great Machine, look forward to hearing and seeing more about it. Interesting about no chain case, how do you get power to the winch set? Also are the gears straight cut?

  69. #69log big2014-07-18 11:54

    will we see the yarders at the logging show in eugene 2015

  70. #70bushman12014-07-18 18:23

    look's like motor is mounted back to front. must have planetary rearend like old washington 108's

  71. #71T-MAR2014-07-19 11:46

    bushman1 is at least partially correct. Engine is facing back to front and goes into a right angle drive in the center of the power input shaft (it's actually split) through the 6 speed trans. Lots of different gear ratios could be used in the right angle drive. gears are straight cut instead of helical to get rid of load from side to side.

  72. #72T-MAR2014-07-19 11:48

    as far as eugene... depends on the people who own the machines I guess

  73. #73theironoracle2014-07-19 11:52

    That looks to be a huge hydraulic oil cooler! Probably hydraulic drive, with variable and pumps and variable angle motors and multiple of each you could have all sorts of crazy control of things with no transmission...just a thought.....TIO

  74. #74T-MAR2014-07-19 13:02

    What you can see there is a 3 section cooler - charge air, clutch coolant and engine. The sections are side by side instead of sandwiched one over the other so they're quite efficient. Hydrostatic drive is certainly something that was looked at but in the end, even with variable pitch motors and pumps, the range of speed just isn't there. You can solve the problem mechanically but then you're back to having a gearbox anyway. I've seen some interesting ideas for hydraulic regen brakes but the heat is still created one way or the other - friction is friction. That said, things change over the years so my line is never say never. You drive an interesting point there about the control though - we are using a separate valve for each clutch all of which are electronically controlled. That means we can make the winch do pretty much anything we can think of by adding it to the control program. The relationship between clutches and valves is 1 to 1 throughout the machine, all of them are electric so if you can dream it up it'll do it. Engine, swing, travel, guylines.. all of it talks to and is directed by the machine controller. It's all based on canbus which is used in every machine and truck nowadays. Wabco air controls on the other hand... Hydraulic cooling for swing and travel, guylines etc is done through a heat exchanger to the clutch coolant. It's the same way it's done in a 124, 123, some 122s, probably in a 120 but I haven't had one apart yet. Hydraulic heat is usually associated with travelling when the winch isn't busy and regen heat is the opposite way around so it works out pretty good. So there you have it, more to come -Tyson

  75. #75theironoracle2014-07-19 13:56

    I was evidently posting at the same time as you, when I hit reply your "drive" answer was already there. The only thing I have my hands in that has a tranny replaced by a set of variable pumps and motors was a tigercat skidder, after watching operate and working on it I thought it was amazing! And since I come from a construction background I immediately thought that technology was perfect for wheel loaders working out of stockpiles or feeding a crusher. Are you running hydraulic motors in the cooler fans? I have only ever worked on 4 different yarders in my career so i am far from understanding the pros and cons of yarder mechanicals. The machine looks top notch and if does make it to Eugene I will be there. I hope I didn't offend anybody about the blue and white paint being "skagit"..TIO

  76. #76T-MAR2014-07-19 14:30

    I would almost think wheel loaders would be hydraulic.. maybe some are nowadays? Hard to find a colour that hasn't been used on machines! Skagit and Cypress left some big blue shoes to fill

  77. #77DBDLS2014-07-27 01:10

    Just thought everyone would like to know that yesterday was T-Mar's 30th anniversary. Wishing them many more anniversaries and lots of success with their new yarders.

  78. #78Plebeian2014-08-04 23:09

    Some of the Komatsu loaders are hydrostatic http://www.komatsuamerica.com/wheelloaders.html . Volvo were still researching hydrostatic trans for their loaders. The tigercat transmission has a bent axis motor. I guess the Fendt vario hydromechanical does something differently to get the greater speed range. http://youtu.be/b_-LL0sCT-k (at 5.42 - is the whole hydraulic motor/ pump being moved to get a greater angle?) Some of the Fendt tractors and harvesters have a healthy amount of horsepower now so the hydro trans must be fairly robust. Hydraulic winches like the allied wh400 winch http://youtu.be/BaHdSmWggmQ ( Idaho cat excavator hauler) are more for smaller trees on shorter pulls at the moment. What grapple is the new T-Mar getting?

  79. #79T-MAR2014-08-19 12:15

    Picture from the shop today. That's the Bendickson 123 out of paint. We're going to start pinning the boom and gantry on today. LogChamp is getting it's air plumbing finished and wiring harness built. The first one takes a lot of time because we have to build it in the machine, remove it and measure it, then install it again. The new yarder's getting a custom built Promac grapple. It's been tweaked a bit for pulling bunches in second growth.

  80. #80T-MAR2014-08-30 22:29

    Hope these pictures work. Until our 550 is ready (which is real soon now) this is the newest yarder - it's a 123b or a heavily upgraded Madill 123

  81. #81T-MAR2014-08-30 22:32

    Couple more for y'all

  82. #82loggers son2014-09-01 05:25

    Great work on the rebuild...top stuff trev

  83. #83Belooky2014-09-01 20:20

    Any chance of a basic run down of all the control for us southerners? We don't have anything like this down here.

  84. #84old-iron-habit2014-09-01 21:53

    Talking to an old timer down in Pensacola, Florida a few years ago he to told me that yarders were used years ago to skid the swamps north of Pensacola. Hopefully someone will remember and start a thread about it. He told me as a youth him and neighbor kids were hired by a local logger from time to time to help drag a light cable through the swamp to use to thread the haul cable. He said one of the fallers always went ahead looking for water moccasins.

  85. #85wornout wrench2014-09-02 12:32

    Down and dirty grapple yarder controls, madil 124 style When sitting in the seat Left pedal is Haulback brake the 2 middle pedals with the levers are the travel the 2 right pedals are the mainline brakes, close together so your foot can run both and by leaning foot one way or the other you can apply each separately ( used when opening and closing grapple) Left joy stick is swing and possibly throttle, depends on configuration Right joystick (the one with the white handle) is the rigging control. This is the lever that makes the grapple go in and out and tensions the cables. Middle position is neutral. Push forward one notch and the haulback engages and the grapple will start to move away from you. Keep pushing the lever forward and the Mainline regen brake will start to apply and the lines will start to tension, the farther you push ahead, the more tension on the cables. From neutral, one click back will make the grapple come back towards you, keep pulling back and the lines will tension just like when you push ahead. The buttons on the white handle will open and close the grapple. That is it in a nutshell, way more involved then that. you need to use the foot brakes and the rigging control together to make things happen. I'm a mechanic, I just keep these things running. When I sit in the seat I have to think about everything that I am doing. Step on this pedal, move this lever, push this button. Then you watch a real operator and man do things move.

  86. #86Hank R2014-09-02 14:18

    Thanks for the low down I have never been close to one so that was great. Thanks

  87. #87camptramp2014-09-02 16:27

    Does it have a main operator lever by the knee.

  88. #88wornout wrench2014-09-02 16:46

    I will see if I can find a few vids of the inside of a cab when yarding. Here is one. Good example of the yarder and loader working together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6DC2vF3pBo This is a short one that shows the rigging lever better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_GP_NNYTGo This is a great vid. It is a Cypress 7280 so a little different configuration but still works the same. Left lever is the swing, right lever is the rigging control, feet on the pedals, knee works the throttle Thanks to Torkel and Murk for supplying the vid. Awesome footage. A good operator makes it look easy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLNvG9LiQ0c Hope this helps you guys. If you have never been around a grapple yarder, they are a little different from anything else you may have seen.

  89. #89dirty4fun2014-09-02 21:37

    I watched the last video he sure makes it look easy, for being so busy doesn't he. Thanks

  90. #90Belooky2014-09-03 21:53

    Okay so let me see if I'm understanding this right. Three drums on the machine? One drum has the main line. Runs all the way out to your tail hold. Second two drums, Im sure I'm wrong but this sounds right in my head, Go down to a block also on the tail hold. One line runs up the mast, all the way down to the tail hold, around the block and back to the... whatever you call the trolley the grapple is mounted to. Other drum goes up the mast and directly to the grapple? So to let the grapple down the hill one drum is spooling out and the other spooling in? Or am I way off? I'm also assuming theres atleast one if not two other cables that control the grapple? On yarders that use a motorized carriage and chokers, there would only be the main line and a haul back correct? The weight of the carriage takes it down hill until the operator puts the brakes on the haulback to stop it right?

  91. #91wornout wrench2014-09-04 01:03

    You are correct, there are three drums. When I was explaning how a yarder works I went really simple. There are two mainline drums. They can be called mainline and slack puller, or closing and opening lines, there are a few other names. For simplicity lets just stick with mainline and slackpuller. Then there is the haulback drum. The haulback goes from the machine to the backend of the setting, around the haulback block (sheave or pulley) then back to the machine where it is attached to the grapple. The mainline and slackpuller lines come from the machine and attach to the grapple also. The operator uses the haulback to haul the grapple back out to the logs, he then uses the mainline to close the grapple on the log and pull it up to the landing, using the haulback to tension the cables to create lift and get the log off the ground. Once at the machine he will open the grapple by using the slackpuller line. On the new Tmar machine, like the cypress machines before them, the mainline and the slackpuller drums will counter rotate when opening and closing. Here is a little clip showing a better view of the grapple and lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uRhzzG2HSs and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la7lslmAsNU I have never had anything anything to do with a carriage, so not the one to ask. And just for you guys that have never been around logging, a quick vid about what we do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkuQXVcAGEU Hope this helps.

  92. #92T-MAR2014-09-30 23:28

    Video of the LogChamp testing out in the shop this afternoon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_ka6DwEis&feature=youtu.be

  93. #93T-MAR2014-10-16 15:13

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXZJ2e0Q6K4 Been pretty busy getting this machine finished - I know some of you have asked me to post more pictures for you. Here's a video of us loading up to weigh the machine without boom and gantry. We're looking good on weight.

  94. #94Scott_5272014-10-16 17:35

    Looks good Tyson!

  95. #95prolog nz2014-10-17 03:49

    Man she looks the part Tyson! Everybody there must be over the moon good on you and the team! Next vid we want to see wood flying up the hill!

  96. #96Hank R2014-10-17 10:28

    Your shop has done a excellent job.

  97. #97wornout wrench2014-10-17 12:29

    Looking Good I have the day off, I just might have to go for a drive and see if I can sneak a peek:wink2

  98. #98T-MAR2014-10-23 23:13

    Hi guys, couple videos of the machine in a test area. We flew a log around a bit. Everything works really well - quite a bit better than I could have expected for first day out. Fast, pulls hard, lots of lift. Operators say its very smooth - we're real happy I got a bit busy but still shot a couple of videos. Sorry I didn't get any with a log in them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iazv8aEncDc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sxnn34Z7us&feature=youtu.be

  99. #99Scott_5272014-10-23 23:28

    Looks great Tyson, you guys should be very proud of yourselves! Almost time to get busy on a 650 haha

  100. #100T-MAR2014-10-23 23:30

    Don't worry, we are

  101. #101DBDLS2014-10-24 00:30

    Well done Tyson and all your crew. It's exciting to see a brand new piece of logging equipment come out of a local Campbell River shop. I wish you many more to follow.

  102. #102HD Mech2014-10-24 23:38

    I second that Tyson, the yarder looks great! Has nice power too! Go Cat power!

  103. #103Scott_5272014-11-03 16:04

    Here it is in action working for Southview Forest Services https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo1QYNlLqkk

  104. #104T-MAR2014-11-03 19:18

    You beat me to it!

  105. #105Scott_5272014-11-04 06:12

    Haha hope you don't mind Tyson. What do the new owners have to say about it so far?

  106. #106Birken Vogt2014-11-06 08:48

    I wonder why the engine is smoking sometimes. I thought these new pollution control engines were supposed to be crystal clean?

  107. #107log big2014-12-10 01:55

    anything new with the 650?

  108. #108Darksidelogger2015-02-02 00:14

    Any word on how the new LC550 is doing ?

  109. #109DBDLS2015-02-02 10:53

    There is a good article on the LC550 in the December/January 2015 Logging & Sawmilling Journal. Seems like the owners are pretty happy with the machine.

  110. #110T-MAR2015-04-22 20:12

    So the machine exceeded our expectations. It's been used in a mix of wood. Very quick machine. I spoke with the operator Friday to see how it was going and he said "great! we've been pulling 3 foot tree length cedars all week". Not bad for a 3/4. Variable speed fan is dealing with heat well as it's warming up. Fuel burn is around 10L/hr in typical second growth. Basically starts and runs for them every day. Changes we've made (fitted to #1 and going forward): * Auxiliary air compressor. It will be a rotary vane type. We have a predetair in there as a temporary solution but the duty cycle is a bit high for that * Variable swing pressure up and down - so it feels like a closed loop swing circuit. Works nice * Seals - namely around doubling roto unions. The copper washer is gone. * Door latches - those little stainless flappers just weren't going to work. Heavy duty T-MAR ones on there now. * Software updates to add some features and data logging. The request list keeps growing but it's easy to manage with this layout. That's kindof it. Lift is good, spooling is good, speed is good, crawler is happy, cooling is good, shifting is nice. #2 is well underway. Here's the youtube channel where I've been uploading videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpgS1tTeQj-4AQzZRZIFIBzU5qHecdZzN T-MAR

  111. #111HD Mech2015-04-23 00:01

    Glad to hear it's been a success, I will be watching all the videos for sure? Congratulations!

  112. #112log big2015-09-06 00:54

    Hey T-mar anything new at the T-mar shop

  113. #113HD Mech2015-09-06 07:05

    I was at their yard a couple of months ago and they had one of the new yarders outside so took some pictures. Will post them when I get a chance.

  114. #114DBDLS2015-09-06 07:36

    Check their Twitter feed. Looks like LC550 #2 has ended up in the Revelstoke area.

  115. #115log big2015-09-06 12:43

    Thanks have thay started on the 650 yet

  116. #116T-MAR2015-09-06 13:13

    Yup #2 is in Radium and #3 is being built. We're also making some new yarding grapples, testing our grapple camera and working on a bit of a winch assist project. Also have a 6280 that we're upgrading with an electronic cockpit right now

  117. #117log big2015-09-06 20:09

    Will the 650 look like the 144 or the 7280

  118. #118T-MAR2015-09-06 23:02

    7280 winch but larger capacity and way faster, 60ft boom, two piece move, no chain case just like the 550

  119. #119Coastal WA2015-09-07 10:03

    T-MAR What can you tell us about the yarding grapple and grapple camera?

  120. #120HD Mech2015-09-27 21:45

    Pictures of 2nd T-MAR yarder built. The family and I drove by one day in the summer and was able to snap some pictures.

  121. #121HD Mech2015-09-27 21:50

    A few more of the new machine, looks great!

  122. #122T-MAR2015-10-13 18:12

    Hi all, Some new videos uploaded: 550 shot from a flying drone Video 1 Video 2 inside the cab Landing Flyover Set your player to high definition and enjoy!

  123. #123Coastal WA2015-10-16 23:45

    Thanks for the videos T-MAR

  124. #124log big2015-12-01 18:41

    Looks like t-MAR made a winch system on tracks for steep ground and thay got the big dog ready

  125. #125Plebeian2015-12-01 21:13

    Are you referring to this machine? https://youtu.be/BOqFgvFvehc?list=PLpgS1tTeQj-4AQzZRZIFIBzU5qHecdZzN

  126. #126log big2015-12-01 23:51

    Yes whats it all about

  127. #127lantraxco2015-12-02 00:58

    It's a yo-yo-er....

  128. #128T-MAR2015-12-03 14:32

    There's a few videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpgS1tTeQj-4AQzZRZIFIBzU5qHecdZzN

  129. #129log big2015-12-03 16:55

    Did you guys make the 660

  130. #130T-MAR2015-12-03 17:11

    Starting one soon

  131. #131DBDLS2016-08-18 16:02

    I imagine Tyson is quite busy getting his LC650s ready for action. I thought I'd post some pictures of one of the LC650s in their yard that looks to be close to ready.

  132. #132T-MAR2016-08-18 22:17

    2 of them. #1 is going logging next week

  133. #133Scott_5272016-08-19 15:50

    Looks great Tyson, I'm sure they'll be true blue 124 killers! Are they both still headed to New Zealand or is one staying local?

  134. #1340752016-08-19 18:16

    I hear that one of them is coming to Port McNeill (WFP) for a trial soon

  135. #135Blk prince2016-08-19 19:30

    075, early post. Are you shut down?

  136. #1360752016-08-20 09:09

    We are as of Monday coming. Yarders are in Cedar patch, very dry out there . No sense in taking any chances

  137. #137Blk prince2016-08-20 09:12

    This is very true

  138. #138furpo2016-08-20 15:40

    Rumor has it there are 5 coming down here. First is due in November, not sure about the second.

  139. #139Scott_5272016-08-21 00:00

    Furpo, do you guys eat yards or something?!

  140. #140Plebeian2016-08-21 01:26

    There is a global market for log haulers/ yarders. Some yarders have been sold back to North America from NZ in recent years. Other yarders have been sent onto places like Africa from NZ after being rebuilt/ reconditioned. I saw the numbers a while back as a higher proportion the NZ tree harvest moves into steeper ground therewill be a need for quite a few more new/ reconditioned? haulers/ super yoaders in NZ. Economics might mean some smaller areas of steep ground with trees could be left unharvested.(cost of harvest/ road access construction exceeds value of harvested trees)

  141. #141furpo2016-08-21 04:22

    Ha ha. The stock of yarders down here is getting on so owners are deciding to replace old gear. Both machines which I refer to above 25+ year old yarders which have worked hard their whole lives. That and as plebeian says more yarder country is coming on

  142. #142DBDLS2016-10-30 11:42

    Folks: Check out the Log Champ video on T-Mar's website. Very nicely done.

  143. #143DBDLS2017-10-26 21:40

    T-MAR LC65006 looking good in red and white.

  144. #144Born2clearcut2017-10-30 09:52

    The new red and white yarder is heading for Sladey Timber based out of Pender Harbour. I think it's first setting will be in Dorston Sechelt inlet . They were looking for a good Hooker for it . Top knotch operator we'll be running it .

  145. #145Scott_5272017-11-02 20:22

    I notice this one has some extra guarding around the bottom. Looks good!

  146. #146Hallback2017-11-02 22:36

    What are these going for, 1.3M?

  147. #147Born2clearcut2017-11-04 12:43

    This thing has alot of bells and hopefully a whistle . Few items I been told is remote guylines a backup camera also told it has a grapple camera facing down I'm very interested in how good that works and how long it will live for . Nothing says abuse like something hanging on grapple while yarding.

  148. #148Scott_5272017-11-26 10:47

    One of my online friends operates Westerns LogChamp 650. He was kind enough to let me share these here. Says it's the best machine on the coast.

  149. #1490752017-11-26 13:24

    I hear through the grapevine that WFP is going to buy one a year to modernize their yarders

  150. #150Scott_5272017-11-26 18:01

    I wonder what will happen to all the 7280s? They have a pile of them, nice ones too.

  151. #151wornout wrench2017-11-27 06:24

    Well Scott, that is a good question If they are going to take all of my old girls away, I'll just have to leave! Oh, wait. I'm going to retire in June. I guess I really don't care anymore hahaha We are supposed to get another 650 soon. I believe the plan is for one of the 7280's to go to another division. I pretty much stay in the shop now, don't get out to the bush that much anymore. I haven't even seen the 650 that we have. See if I can keep it that way until June hahaha. Never thought that I would see the day when I gave up grapple yarders for trucks, but the old back is much happier this way. I'll leave it for the young guys now. Too many damn computers on these things now anyways.

  152. #152Born2clearcut2017-11-27 10:02

    No tools required . Just bring your laptop lol . Soon the yarders maybe fully remote control . Sit back from a distance and run the machine. The problem with that is remote control will take the fear factor out of yarding. Which may cause alot of damage to the machines.

  153. #1530752017-11-27 15:50

    We have two 7280's in Juene Landing and both of them are money pits

  154. #154Scott_5272017-11-27 18:35

    Didn't a bunch of the 80's go for complete rebuilds around the early 2000's? Probably in need of some lovin' again by now though.

  155. #155Hallback2017-11-27 22:40

    One of the large contractors here is building a remote control grapple yarder as we speak. It is a pretty slick setup and I bet it will work very well.

  156. #156Born2clearcut2017-11-28 08:20

    Don't get me wrong Hallback I'm sure it will work just fine.I guess what I'm saying is the operator won't be able to feel what his machine is doing . The next problem well be . Does the operator become the hooktender or does the hooktender become the operator lol. The real question is when are they going to come up with a remote control hooktender moving blocks, straps and rigging trees ect . Anyhow all in all it will be interesting to see the Evolution of the industry.

  157. #157Hallback2017-11-28 20:47

    Oh I agree with what you're saying completely. That is just like the remote control buncher and Harvesters. If you take the human element out of it then there is just on or off or working or not working there is no limp mode. LOL

  158. #158Jumbo2017-11-28 22:41

    Or, like the exhibit in Las Vegas a couple of years ago, they were sitting in a bar, operating a D9 at some mine in Australia. Air conditioned, free drinks (oops, not a good idea,) show girls around (again, not a good idea.) The up side; no getting up at 2AM making a cold lunch, driving an hour or more through rain, snow, slush just to get to work. Good Lord, I think I just talked myself into the plan, just throw another log on the fire and yard a few more turns in your jammies.

  159. #159wornout wrench2017-11-29 19:57

    The downside Being the poor unappreciated mechanic that has to go out and put the grapple yarder that just pulled itself off the cliff back together. I am soooo glad to be retiring before the kids who grew up playing grand theft auto get turned loose on a grapple yarder. operator "Calling the shop" shop"Go ahead" Operator "Yeah, this is the operator of the Y-1. I just crashed the yarder. It is a flaming pile of metal on the side of the hill. Where is the rest button" shop...Silence...

  160. #1600752017-12-01 11:13

    We have been breaking in a number of young guys on equipment where I work. They all have turned out to be good operators but what they all seem to lack is the ability to know what is wrong with the machine. I have always helped the mechanic or he helped me depending on who knew more about the problem. Now the kids bail into the crummy and wait for it to be fixed leaving the mechanic to do it on his own most times. How do you ever learn any thing sitting in the bus looking at your phone

  161. #161Jumbo2017-12-01 11:45

    A couple of observations; assuming you are similar in age as I am, (60s) many of us grew up “messing around” with tools, either making things or in most cases I suspect, breaking things as we took them apart trying to figure them out. Most young people these days never did that. They have no idea how anything works and they never will, they have no interest. Thus they just become lever pullers. My wife and I both comment on the lack of mechanical understanding people under 40 have today, not all, but many. Think about how many young people get in auto accidents now. They do not even understand the mechanical law of inertia and thus cannot understand tailgating. The other issue, is that so many people have become compartmentalized. I do this, I don’t do that. “NMJ” not my job. When I started in construction, if you saw something on the floor you picked it up to make the job safe. Now; “I didn’t leave it there, why should I pick it up?” My first observation I put down to evolution, right or wrong. The second, I put down to bad parenting. What happened to looking out for others? No great answers here, just observations in my geezerhood.

  162. #162Hallback2017-12-01 13:42

    075, jumbo both exceptionally great posts.

  163. #163Birken Vogt2017-12-01 14:21

    Of course some loudmouths you would rather have wait somewhere else while you do the repair your way and not the billy bob way.

  164. #164old-iron-habit2017-12-01 18:11

    If they were setting in the crunny while I worked on their machine it would be a no pay day if I had any say so. They had better be servicing the rest of the machine or cleaning it when I showed up. Them expectations have to be politely pounded into their head when they are hired. Any old timer would be automatically doing something to help. I suppose in a remote camp with no phone service it is about impossible to hire help.

  165. #165dirty4fun2017-12-01 19:58

    i see younger people all the time, either on the phone or computer instead of helping or cleaning up. i always wanted to know how i worked what made it do what it was supposed to do. Always did almost all the repairs on the farm, not that I new that much about it, I enjoyed fixing things. Still do enjoy working, and making or fixing things. I have a phone, but it is more a tool for business during work hours. If I get a call at work, I usually walk around picking up things, and get something so I am ready to work more when the call is done. The lumber yard has two young guys again, and it sure looks like it. They never pick up, or clean the yard, woldn't last long on my jobsite.

  166. #166DBDLS2017-12-02 11:34

    Where I work ‘It’s down the road’ if you have a cell phone at work.

  167. #1670752017-12-02 11:37

    It is just not today's young, I have worked with guys that ran machine for years and could not even tell you what kind of motor that was in it. There was one guy who had air problem on the GY and the shop was an hour away from him. The mechanic asked him which valve was leaking so he could bring the right valve with him, and the guy said the blue one. Ya that was helpful lol

  168. #168Hallback2017-12-02 12:06

    My company too, if you aren' an operator that needs a phone for contact then it' to be left in the crewbus.

  169. #169Birken Vogt2017-12-02 17:01

    Funny, out here, it seems most places where there are trees to cut there is no cell service whatsoever.

  170. #170oregon96pd2017-12-04 22:19

    I wasn't going to chime in here, but I couldn't take the "old timer is superior to everyone" bs anymore. As a young field mechanic (32) in the construction industry, I can guarantee you that any old timer would NOT be automatically helping fix something or clean up a dam thing. Some of the laziest people on our jobs are between 40 and 60 years old, and I'm not just talking physical labor, when anything breaks they scatter like cockroaches when the lights come on. I will agree that a lot of young guys are worthless, but so is an equal number of "experienced" guys. And on the bad parenting....wouldn't those parents be in that be the age bracket you guys are touting as the super generation? Rant over, carry on

  171. #171Hallback2017-12-04 22:55

    Sorry to say but the biggest number of cull employees we have had are 18-35.

  172. #172wudwrkr2017-12-05 08:58

    Same here. Most of the younger one aren’t worth killing

  173. #173furpo2018-01-03 14:20

    I like to remind my dad that the modern computer was invented the day he was born so it is his generation.

  174. #174Welder Dave2018-01-04 00:03

    I've worked with some older and/or more experienced guys that must have figured you were there to take their job away and wouldn't help you out in any way. They'd watch you do something wrong and then joke about it instead of showing you the right or an easier way. I had no use for these guys. My dad was always more than willing to share his knowledge and I probably picked it up from him. I consider it a compliment if someone asks my advice or for help. I'd also always listen if someone had an idea that might make things easier. The other people I had no use for were arrogant apprentices that just got of school and acted like they knew it all and I was there apprentice. Sometimes you just have to let them do it their way and mess things up a little so they get a dose of reality. Nothing too major just enough that maybe they'll listen to experience the next time.

  175. #1750752018-01-05 23:06

    I just took a look at the new 650 that showed up here yesterday . I have to say WOW is it ever nice extremely well layed out and look like a mechanics dream to work on .My son gets to run it and is he ever tickled with it (He really likes the lagging on all the drums as the 7280 he currently runs is a bear to get the lines to spool ) . One of the nice's cab lay outs that I have ever seen. Extremely op friendly with great visibility .Good job TMAR

  176. #176Blk prince2018-01-12 01:00

    075,I am thinking that T-Mar would be a good outfit to do a rebuild on 075 Trak loader. Would be nice to see for sure. Bp

  177. #177Tinkerer2018-01-12 08:00

    Although I am not in the logging industry I really like to read these posts and see the photos posted about it. So, I thought that the T-Mac 650 looked so awesome it should have a photo posted. I shamefully copied it right off of T-Mac's website.

  178. #1780752018-01-12 22:33

    I think they are so busy building new yarders that they don't have the time for rebuilds anymore

  179. #179Plebeian2018-01-17 16:08

    T-Mar Log Champ - with remote guy lines LC 550 and 650

  180. #180Jumbo2018-01-17 18:53

    Watching the previous video, how much grapple yarding is done off of a cold deck? It makes sense to shovel log to a deck and swing it with the grapple yarder, but the video is the first time I have seen it done. Just curious. This is almost full circle, I worked on a cold deck machine and after we moved, the slackline machine would swing the deck to the landing.

  181. #181DBDLS2018-01-21 01:18

    New T-MAR LC650 at work on northern Vancouver Island. Word on it is ‘scary fast.’ Good job T-Mar. Nice to see WFP putting some company colours on the machine. Very classy.

  182. #182Born2clearcut2018-01-22 08:43

    Another LC650 getting ready to start paying for it self

  183. #183Hallback2018-01-22 08:48

    I wonder if T-Mar has an RPO program? Haha

  184. #184DBDLS2018-01-23 02:29

    Looks good in red. Just have to get the boom and gantry redded up and it’ll be 100%.

  185. #185Scott_5272018-01-24 22:43

    Thats a fine looking machine. Good for Sladey. I saw one of their 6280s for sale online recently.

  186. #186DBDLS2018-01-24 22:49

    I saw another Sladey 6280 at T-Mar yesterday.

  187. #187ForestEng2018-07-31 19:47

    A few 650 photos from NZ! We now have at least 5 Log Champs (mostly 650's) currently working, with several more arriving in 2018!

  188. #188Bumpsteer2018-08-01 22:47

    Think it's safe to say T-Mar has hit a home run with that machine...... Ed

  189. #189Hallback2018-08-01 23:58

    Do you know if T-Mar offers manufacturer financing? I am very interested in a new yarder and would prefer to have a grapple yarder over a 172.

  190. #190Plebeian2018-08-04 00:28

    I guess T-Mar partnered with Finning(western canada) in 2016 maybe to get better access to parts, support and finance (CFSL?) for the amount of Cat parts that are used in the Log Champ haulers. https://www.finning.com/en_CA/compa...-t-mar-industries-partnership-agreement.html# Question - do the Log champs have significantly less length of rope on their drums compared to the Madills (172B and 124)? how much of a disadvantage might this be is places with long slope lengths etc. The other feature to check is the machine weight and how currently strong the bridges are where you might transport these yarders and how often disassembly might be required to reduce weight to go across bridges safely.

  191. #191Born2clearcut2018-08-04 19:27

    MAINDRUMS LC550 - Capacity: 1500 Ft. (3/4") Swaged Rope • Maximum Line Pull: 70,000 Lbs. • Hydraulically Actuated Main Pulling and Drum Clutches • New Generation Wichita 22 Water Cooled 25" Slip Clutch • Lebus style Lagging Standard LC650 - Capacity: 1840 Ft. (7/8") Swaged Rope • Maximum Line Pull: 70,000 Lbs. • Hydraulically Actuated Main Pulling and Drum Clutches • New Generation Wichita 136 Water Cooled 36" Slip Clutch • Lebus style Lagging Standard HAULBACK DRUM LC550 - Capacity: 1500 Ft. (3/4") Swaged Rope • Maximum Line Pull: 70,000 Lbs. • Hydraulically Actuated Main Pulling and Drum Clutches • New Generation Wichita 22 Water Cooled 25" Slip Clutch • Lebus style Lagging Standard LC650 - Capacity 3950 Ft. (7/8") Swaged Rope• Maximum Line Pull: 95,000 Lbs. • Air Actuated Pulling Clutch • New Generation Wichita Water Cooled 36" Slip Clutch • Lebus style Lagging Standard STRAWLINE DRUM LC550 - Capacity: 4500 Ft. (3/8") Rope • Line Pull: 15,000 Lbs. LC650 - Capacity: 4500 Ft. (3/8") Rope • Line Pull: 15,000 Lbs.

  192. #192Born2clearcut2018-08-04 19:38

    Madill 124 Front Main Drum Capacity: 2,550 ft. of 7/8” w/grooved drum Maximum Pull: 92,380 lbs Maximum Speed: 2,900 ft/min Pulling Clutch: Madill 26x5 Slip Clutch: Eaton 124 Hi-Co Brake: 37” x 4” band w/Maxi Rear Main Drum Capacity: 2,550 ft. of 7/8” w/grooved drum Maximum Pull: 92,380 lbs Maximum Speed: 2,900 ft./min. Pulling Clutch: Madill 26x5 Slip Clutch: Eaton 124 Hi-Co Brake: 37” x 4” band w/Maxi Haulback Drum Capacity: 4,660 ft. of 7/8” w/grooved drum Maximum Pull: 92,380 lbs Maximum Speed: 3,660 ft./min. Pulling Clutch: Madill 26x5 Slip Clutch: Eaton 224 Hi-Co Brake: Dual 37” x 4” bands w/maxi Strawline Drum Capacity: 5,440 ft. of 3/8” Maximum Pull: 16,000 lbs Maximum Speed: 8,100 ft./min. Clutch: Wichita 216 Brake: 40” disc w/caliper