I am thinking about buying a track loader possibly a Case TR 270 or a Deere 323 and I am unsure about the high flow hydraulics and the 2 speed travel. Do i need the high flow to run a hammer and is the 2 speed travel worth the extra expense. This will be my first CTL .
It depends on the specific hammer if it can use high flow or not. Two speed is worth it for sure. My first two CTLs were two speed and high flow. On the first one, I never used the high flow, the current/second unit gets its high flow used with a mower (Bradco Extreme Duty Ground Shark).
I have a Bobcat T770 with 2 speed and High flow Hyd. I use the 2 speed almost constantly in the winter while plowing. While working dirt, mulching, brush mowing not so much. Use snail mode for dozer and trencher. I use the high flow for mulcher, trencher and soil conditioner. Vibratory packer is standard flow only. Brush mower, dozer are stand hyd. Depending on the attachment you plan on using, will dictate your need for high flow. I wouldn't want a CTL without 2 speed. Makes it nice for moving around the job site or down the road or around the yard. Had a T590 this past summer without it and I sure missed it.
In my experience with the JD ctl's I don't think I'd buy another one. As well, at least in my part of the world, the resale is quite poor compared to others. Everything else being equal, based my research, experiences and ones of others, I'd probably go Tk, Kubota, Case, Bobcat and than the rest.....
I mentioned earlier that I was looking at a case or JD. Now it seems I am leaning toward a Takeuchi TL240 . A 2011 model with approximately 950 hours. The machine is rental unit with minor scuffs and scrapes I can buy this machine for about 31000 with anew set of tracks ( oem ) for 500. I need some advice as to whether or not this sounds like a good deal and comments on this particular machine as to quality and durability
Generally speaking, rental units not that great. Quite often in the "wrong hands"........ doing things they're not designed to do. That being said, if there's one machine to buy, that is the one..... I'd do it, pending 3rd party inspection/oil sample results. Best $ you'll ever spend.
I'm not sure that just the pic will be helpful to the ops question....I would think a real world owner/operator description of that machine would be much more useful than a sales pitch as well.....
Most hammers are low flow. I did have an Esco 1500 pound hammer that was high flow. It hit like a freight train but shook every bolt in the carrier. I have never seen another hammer for a machine like your looking at that required high flow. The TK machine your looking at is bigger than either the CASE or DEERE. TK builds a good machine. Rental units are really a gamble however. The fact that they are rotating it out after only 950 hours is odd enough that I would want to know why. They are replacing it with a tier 4I or Final machine that is going to cost more, requires more maintenance and is more finicky in its operation. Why would a rental outfit do that when they have a low hour tier 3 that can make them a bunch more money. There might be a good reason for this, or it might be that the machine is compromised in some way. I would find out the real reason for this before you buy it.
The dealer I am negotiating with is not strictly a rental company. They are a very large Komatsu as well as many other brands dealer that I have bought from in the past and I have a very good relationship with the salesman for our area. I have purchased used equipment from him in the past with great results. Also he is throwing in a 6 month pt warranty It seems they will sell any units in their rental division at just about any time regardless of age.or hours.
The Mustang 2100RT NXT2 is new and different, however, I don't think dealers are allowed to promote items that they represent.
But you ARE a dealer and you ARE promoting your product, so what was the point of the post? To keep on track of the OP's needs, do you have any real world experience to share regarding the Mustang....say, something in the realm of 1000 hrs+?
Even IF you are a dealer couldn't you give an honest point of view of the pluses and minuses of it and an honest opinion of how it operates instead of just postin a pic? I think they LOOK good but have yet to see or hear anything about em' in my area....
This one has 835 hours, 3 years in service without any issues. Has been troublefree, HOWEVER the NXT2 is the new model and no, don't have any "real world" on the new one yet. I though someone might like to see something new and different, tried not to imply anything about it other than that.
On this forum I don't think we are allowed to, I think that it's reserved for the end users only, that they are considered to be unbiased in opinions shared.