Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to group

Reylocs ยท 2012-10-26 21:42

Just purchased a 1988 410C,Turbo,4x4,Ext. 2900 hrs. $10,000. I called the dealer and he can't find any info on the serial # Its T0410CG730204 Anyone know how to find out about it? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1willie592012-10-26 21:47

    Welcome to HEF Reylocs. :drinkup What are you wanting to know about it?

  2. #2Reylocs2012-10-26 22:24

    I guess I was interested in what size engine it had.

  3. #3willie592012-10-26 22:36

    Should be a Deere 4276D, 4 cyl, 276 CID, naturally aspirated, Net 75 HP.

  4. #4Reylocs2012-10-26 22:49

    What does the word Turbo apply to? I thought it was a turbocharged engine.

  5. #5willie592012-10-26 22:58

    If it's a turbo, more HP, you will easily spot turbo on engine if it has one.

  6. #6Reylocs2012-10-26 23:03

    Have not looked in the engine compartment yet. Pick it up next week. It has 410C, 4x4 and the Word Turbo on the side. I figured Turbo meant it had a turbo on the motor. I will look next week, unless someone else knows this machine. Thanks for the help. Gotta sleep

  7. #7willie592012-10-26 23:24

    The 410C series was offered with a turbo, just look under the hood, if it has a turbo it will be easy to spot. There should be a ID plate on the side of the engine block that has engine numbers (where it was made, type, CID, and S/N). I don't know why your local Deere dealer couldn't give you any info on this machine, unless you have an error in machine S/N.