Well we finally got a tandem, she's a beauty. 2005 Mack Granite, 60,000 Miles, 20K Fronts 44K Rears, 370 Mack-jake, E310M Mack 10 spd. 14' Heated box/electric tarp, towing package. The mack 10 spd (which is similar to the 8LL) is a trick to shift, but I have it pretty much figured out, I just have to polish my skills. She has plenty of power and the engine brake holds back unbelievably well. It's just like driving a car! This pic is poor cuz it's a cell phone pic, I'll take some better ones on Wed. after shes all lettered up.
congratulations!!~:thumbsup sweet truck :notworthy :cool2 The view out of the granites can't be beat. :usa Stefan
Congrats on the new truck:usa I'll keep a eye out for it up here in the Adks!:beatsme
Nice Mack! Is that the 10 speed with the shiftable reverse(reverse is on the button)?
Those trannys are nice if you need to back a long ways. You can shift into all gears in forward or reverse.
Absolutely, I can shift in reverse, it seems a little bit weird to do, but on a long back I can see where it could be really nice! Made a few trips out of the quarry today, man do I love this truck!!!!
heated box How do you go about heating the bed on those trucks? Exhaust like the payhaulers? Thanks
that is a sweet truck only 60K on a 2005 wow you got here still new they must not of used that truck alot.
Nice truck! I love the granites. Sort of weird seeing dayton wheels on a newer truck though.
Exactly, there is what I call a "damper box" that lets you select whether you run the exhaust through the box, or out the stack. From what I understand they have 5 dumps, and make there own gravel, their pit is relatively close to their market so the trucks didnt end up with many miles. They had 2 granites they kept the other one, but at one point during the winter they had both for sale.I want to take some good pics but I can't find my camera:Banghead
divedigger Yep the exhaust is piped up into the bed with a manual valve to shut it off in the warmer months!
Nice truck what do you haul with it?
Here are the pics I promised a month ago. We haul a little bit of everything, sand, stone, gravel, crusher run, topsoil, stumps, C/D... so far she has been a great truck (knock on wood) I have about 3,000 miles on it so far, all of the filters came today so we can do a service on her.
cool, great pics and nice truck!
Thanks:thumbsup
:salute:usa
Nice truck:drinkup You know what they say, "when there's a dog on the hood..the going is good! Man, that thing must be manueverable being that short eh?
Very manuverable, I don't feel like its too much different than our single axle, even with the trailer on.
Very nice tandem!! Love those granite series trucks.
Heres my MACK. 1999 CH613 465 hp E-7, 18 speed, 300K on the ticker. Its a nice truck to drive, very comfortable and of course tons of power.
Nice truck, love that box, what kind is it??
Its built by Western. It is a nice box. The high rise tailgate makes loading and unloading demo much easier. Don't have to worry about loads getting hung up in the gate. The only downside is, its considerably more heavy than a typical gravel box.
congrats and nice
KSSS Love the Mack! Good choice. We have nick named our Macks "Mud Puppies"! They don't seem to be bothered by mud too much! Also Love the bed/gate setup! I know the gate rises for demo, but is that a 2 height gate, meaning you can unlatch and dump, or does it have to lift every time?