Just picked up a Cat 303.5. While doing some cleaning, servicing and inspection, I found a cut/broken wire to a solenoid near the battery. Can anyone identify this? Everything seems to function fine.
Need serial number and alphanumeric digits on wire. Looks like A172, can't quite make it out in image.
indeed. There are only 20 different models of 303.5 to choose from.
Probably something to do with a backup or swing alarm lol
Was not aware of that. Here are the numbers
Back up alarm is still working. Swing Alarm? Didn't know it had one....
Need number on wire. Black ink number visible, but illegible, in 3rd pic. If I had to toss a guess, it's this guy, but, alas, it's only a guess. It most certainly isn't the backup or swing alarm, as one can clearly see that it goes to an electrohydraulic solenoid.
I'll look at the number on the wire tomorrow and get back to you..thx
Is it this one by any chance.? This is for the Aux 2-way control and the two orange wires connected to the solenoids should be A173 & A174.
There's a thing. Do you have an O&M Manual for it.? The AUX operation, as well as a load of other useful stuff, should be covered in that document. The Publication reference is SEBU8746. If you can't find a used one on the internet you can download one from HERE for $49 in CD form.
OK, here are pics of the numbers on the wires.
From the numbers on the wires, this appears to be the solenoids. What is the function of them. Aux 2-way? I've installed a hydraulic thumb and its working correctly. Would this be for a hammer or other rotary function? Constant flow? I'm looking into the O&M manual but who has a CD anymore?
Get on to the Cat Publications web site. Put SEBU8746 into the box and click search. You can download a pdf copy direct to your PC but it’ll cost slightly more than the $49 I quoted above.