Hey guys, just purchased this excavator last week. I had to “walk” it about 4 miles from main road to my property. It started to overheat about the last 1/2 mile. Got up to about 215. My question is, is it harder on an excavator to move/drive continuously or dig? I’m thinking the miles of continuous driving was a little too much. Also if anyone has manuals on this could you please send me them? I would really appreciate it! Thank you guys! [email protected]
One thing about 'walking' for that great a distance, the track and components tend to get quite warm, more so if you are in rabbit/fast. As this is a new purchase for you, something you can do after traveling for a distance is check the rollers to see if any are getting excessively hot. If you have one hot or a lot warmer than the others it is a 'future problem' that can be fixed before it gets to be a 'serous problem'.
The UH083 was one of the best excavators Hitachi made. I put 11,000 hours on the meter in 4 years with only the centre joint seals being replaced and was traded for more than the original price. As for over heating the problem could be in the hydraulic's and an infrared heat gun is your best friend. Over heating hydraulic's can cause the engine temps to climb simply because of the location of the cooler. PS don't sell it, they are a gem