Just serviced it... New filters all over, and a fluid change. Everything works really good so far. It's really strong for such a small machine. The bucket bushings, are a lil loose. I pulled the main pin today to take a look, and there's defiantly some wear in there. I called up my local Komatsu folks, and theyve got all 8 bushings, and seals comming in tomorrow. Should be about ~$400 or so. My plan was to drive the old bushings out, but I only succeeded in smashing my thumb with a large hammer , and making loud banging noises without moving the old bushings AT ALL . SO.. I need some tips on how to get these old bushings out of the Boom, and links. Do I just need a bigger hammer!?
Hi Landraider A few beads of weld around the inside of the bush will cause it to shrink, then weld a bolt or something to the inside so as you have something to hit with a drift! Should knock out ok, this is what i do with the smaller machines! CPS
Good plan!! thanks! I guess I'll get out the ole lincoln 220 and heat this dude up.
Landraider: If the bushings are that tight coming out...seen a lot of excavators recommend using dry ice to install. 25lbs of dry ice would do the trick and well worth it if you don't have a hydraulic puller. Froze the bushings for a CX160 Case...a few light swings with a small sledge and they were in. Hydraulic puller on standby but so easy to drive in no need to use it.
Hit the nail on the head... THATS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE...NO BULL JUST GOOD INFO....THATS HOW WE DO IT HERE.....SAME AT THE DEALER EXCPT WE USE LIQUID NITROGEN....FAST STUFF....KEEP IT UPGUYS...:usa
Dry Ice it is then. I'm headed to my local dealer to pick the set up. Just out of curiosity, how much should I have paid for this machine?? It's got 16xx hrs, the track pads are kinda beat up, the bushings in the bucket need to be replaced(obviously) and the top window in the cab door is busted out. ($250 bucks from Komatsu)
$$$$$$$$$$$ Down here in Texas.....you would pay about.....12,500.00-16,500.00 depending on the inspection results......:usa
every used piece gets a good once over....common practice....Does it have the yanmar engine in it?
MrKomatsu: Yeah we use liquid nitrogen if it's readily available...way faster. I recommended dry ice it's a little safer for someone who has never used liquid nitrogen.
so cold it burns.......... that's a big 10/4 on the nitrogin.....i have no finger prints on one of my hands....long time ago accident....be careful...:Banghead
Yep. Yanmar 4 cylinder. runs absolutly awesome. All functions work, and I just serviced it. Changed Oil and filter, topped off hydraulic fluid and filter, drained fuel tank, and cleaned out the water seperator. Put in a new fuel filter, and drained that sediment tank also. Greased the poopoo out of everything, and I also poked around with the tracks some. backed the grease fitting out of one, and let the slack off to get a good look at the track components. Pumped it back up, and they seem good. Sprockets arent worn, and are nice and squared off. The track pads have seen better days, and would need to be replaced if I were going to be putting alot of time on concrete. Everything works great, but there are some negatives. Bushings in the bucket which I am fixing on my own...$430 for the parts. Blade is boogered up. Underneath it looks like someone raked it backwards over something immovable, and seperated the steel. It's gonna take some bangbang with a LARGE hammer,:bash:bash:bash and rewelding with some plate. Prob $200 worth of steel. Cab door has the top window broken out. I cleaned up all the glass, and am going to leave it as is for now... Until winter at least. Komatsu quoted $250ish for the window The cover of the hydraulic/tank section is bent in a lil bit, but only cosmetic. I must had a horseshoe in the right place because it seems like I got a good deal on her. hopefully my luck will continue with an easy bucket bushing replacement.
Man am I worn out. Torched the old bushings out today starting about noon. Managed to bang them all in by 7:30pm. No break. :beatsme The old ones werent even all that worn. Looks like I just needed the shims that go on all those pins. ointhead Ohh well... 500 bucks, and the piece of mind of knowing that they're not wearing into my boom. Of course I diddnt order any shims.. There were only 2 in the whole shebang, so I gotta go get a few more lil things, and that should conclude the mntc session on this machine. Time to put it to work.
You must work in a high crime area to be packing heat! Just swing the boom at the bad guys! Or is it shoot , shovel and shut up.
I carry everywhere I go. It's just easier to carry, and have a chance against some thug carjacking you, and shooting you in the face, or whatever might happen. I figure my safety is in my own hands. I just happened to be carrying a large sum of cash on this day.
watcha packing there, a glock? Cant tell. I hear ya brother, the way things are nowdays, I pack everywhere I go as well. Have a S/W sigma .40ve. Unless knee deep in the trenches, then it just gets in the way, but for the most part its with me. Do you have CCW permit or just open carry? Anyway, nice machine as well, sorry to change the subject, just a gun nut as well as machine nut Bill
How much did you pay then? Maybe I missed it. I thought the weapon was for in case that machine reached the end of your patience
Glock 17. Yes I have a ccw permit, and MOST of the time I have at least a T-shirt over it. This day I was not planning on going in "public" much, so not much effort as taken to conceal.
What type of work do you plan to do with it?
Digging trenches for my septic system, terracing some hillsides for gardens, digging out around my foundation to install a french drain. Doing favors for friends.