Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to me Mustang 940 E

Crabo ยท 2014-04-06 01:37

My Mustang has 2400 hours on it. It runs and operates great. When we got it the air filter was filthy. We replaced it. I am now going to change both hydraulic, fuel, and change the oil and filter. I am planning on Rotella T for the oil change. I was thinking about changing the hydraulic fluid but can't find any information on how to do it. I know the capacity is 14.5 gallons according to the owners manual. The factory service manual scares you about using bulk oil because of contamination. They recommend you put it in by the sealed quart. Should I just change the hydraulic filters and add oil, or should I do a flush and how would you do that? I am also going to grease all of the needed spots. Thank you,

Replies2
  1. #1cochran2014-05-07 18:02

    suck some oil out let set in glass jar overnite if it looks good change filters and go for it

  2. #2Crabo2014-05-07 22:03

    I went ahead and changed the filters and the fluid looked pretty good.