I just started a new job and was issued a service truck. 2001 International with a Maintainer service body. I don't know what the previous mechanic did or didn't do but there is NO power to the service body. I have tail lights but no markers, no tool box lights, nothing. Wires have been cut then spliced back together, other just cut then left. I need to rewire the whole bed but have no clue where to start. Can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance
Welcome to the HEF. I’d drop it off at a reputable upfitter and have it fixed. Have them perform the annual crane inspection, too. Just as well get the DOT annual performed at the same time. Ain’t nobody got time for that nonsense. Take your girlfriend on a nice extended weekend vaca. Hopefully the truck is ready to work when you get back.
Thanks Coaldust….the problem with that plan is that my new boss wants me to rewire the bed to get everything straightened out and get everything working
If the light wiring is a total mess i would remove it all and start over . I wonder if Maintainer has wiring diagrams they would give you?
The people at Maintainer have always been very helpful. I would suggest contacting them with the Bed information and they should be able to help you. They might possibly be able to assist with the truck side.
Something isn't right here.
Yes, why yes, it is. On so many levels.
Not being smart, your in a field service technician and cant wire up a couple of lights?
Your first test as a new employee.
Grab a roll of 7 strand trailer wire and go front to back with it, might as well run a couple power leads with it for inverter/aux power
Maybe you got hired to fix the truck so they could actually do field service??