Hi all, Thanks in advance for any help I can get here! So I just bought my 1st machine for my masonry and construction business. My first question is where I can buy parts for my jcb 210s? I would prefer not to buy from jcb if possible, but no china junk either! The parts I know I need now are- alternator,ebrake pads, all filters. I think I may have some wiring problems also,but I'm not sure because the alt isn't charging so not sure if that's why the rpm/hr meter isn't working! Any help with Thea's issues is much appreciated! Sean
did u get it fixed im having same problem with mine. the alternator has to be excited with a hot wire touching the 407 wire on back of alternator while someone starts it but then the tach will start working but the hour meter wont
I don't have a JCB but had a similar problem with my machine's ALT hot/excite lead. It was chafed on the engine block, would short out, and cause the fuse to blow in the fuse panel. The hot/excite lead to the alternator is activated when the key is turned to the on position, and thats a fused link.
Well I had a red wire coming from the same harness as the plug for the alt that I had to hook up to the back of the alt( the post closest to you when your on the alt side! I hooked that up on hr meter and tach work. I had my alt rebuild for 60$ not a bad deal. I still have a bit of wiring issues. I have found atleast 3 wires or connection harnesses I can find places for! I did find a place to buy parts at a reasonable price, it's called liftech they are very helpful.
where was the fused link located on your machine. and thanks we have replaced alt and switch.
Not sure what you mean by fused link! I know what that is just not on the alt.
sorry the question was for johnny_waz. so u got yours fixed.
Welkom waiting for the actual alt bracket. I could actually use a pic of it if anyone had one! I got a few thing to fix but yeah the alt is good for the moment!
you said you have a 95 mine is a 2001 214s backhoe. dont know if they are the same.
Yeah mine is actually a 92! I would post a pic but I can't even access my profile. I emailed them hopefully they fix it ASAP!
On my hoe I have an automotive style fuse block with blade style fuses. Its located under the guage panel, has an access door from the side. The keyed, ALT hot lead runs through a fuse in that fuse block. That lead had chafed on the side of the engine block, shorted out(Blew Fuse). I fixed the chafed wire, replaced the fuse, and all was good.
Did you find a parts source? OnTrack Parts is where I get most of my stuff for the JCB 210S I have. Get a shop manual off of Tradebit. Clean your alternator or replace the capacitor?
Cherokee101, I wonder if you can help me with one of my problem's? I just purchased a JCB 210S like yours, and upon checking the trans oil, when I pulled the dipstick out, the "end piece" was gone, so i have no way of knowing how full the trans is. When you have the time, could you measure the length of yours, I may then be able to weld an end piece on mine, here's a picture of mine without the end piece, from the end of the cap, it measures about 27 inches, I'd like to know the length of yours with the end piece attached. Thank's so much for your time on this. Rick http://i61.tinypic.com/e8o2eo.jpg
Unfortunately the parts diagram doesn't give the length and the part numbers are different between my 2004 and your '94. Have you tried the dealer? Here is the parts diagram (high resolution images here: one , two )
Another option is to email http://www.diggerdoctoruk.co.uk/ and see if they can help you with the length and a possible replacement.
Ok, thanks Greg, I'll send a pm to Cherokee101, looks like he has the same year as mine, thanks again bud.
I may have replied and if not I should have. If it is not too late the length is LONG 46 3/4 to the top of the cap. The oil is 33 to the top of the cap.
Thanks cherokee,
hookedondiesel, I read here you may have or did have a JCB 210S. I bought a JCB 210S II this year. It DID come with a parts book. However, the parts book is missing the single page I actually need for the latest repair. Any chance you can scan in a page or two for me ? My parts book is "JCB Publication 9800/8842, Issue 4". I'm missing PAGES 343,344. Which is chapter F2-3-3 to F2-4-2. "Hub and Components". Any leads ? thanks !
Sorry Billy, wish I could help but sold it years ago.
No prob thanks for the reply