Hello, my name is Jason Jean. I am from Darlington Wi(usa) and have been around the earth moving and construction business since I was born. My grandpa started with his brother in 1947 and have continued until this year(60 years). My dad has 30+ years in and my great uncle is working on +51 years. We are to the point of discontinuing our business(lots of reasons). I myself have already started with an concrete and aggregate company(kowalski-Kieler Inc, owned by BARD Concrete), as their primary operator for quarry stripping, excavation of sand, utility work at the quarries, and a number of other jobs. I am only 23 years old but have been on equipment since I was a little kid, family business consist of mostly dozers, excavators and scrapers. I might do a history piece on the biz if anyone is interested. I am a vol-fire fighter, love to ride four wheelers and snowmobiles, deer and bunny huting, stock car racing(both dirt and NASCAR) and just talking to other operators, and friends. Anyone interested in anything about me or what I do feel free to ask. Jason
Interesting handle man (TD15CDozerMan), how did you come about that?
welcome to HEF sounds like you got a firm grip on a carear. nice to here from a nascar fan :drinkup
Hey 9Axle, I was thinking of you today as I was loafing around a rigging and crane outfit's yard in Boston, Mass. yesterday and today. I had a 12' wide load from Baltimore to Boston, wouldn't unload yesterday at 2:00 p.m. when I got there because after all, they are union teamsters, and we wouldn't want them to over-exert themselves past 2 p.m. now, would we? So I took it with a grain of salt and accepted the unchangeable circumstances, and got the load all undressed for the morning when they said how lucky I was that they just happened to be working Saturday a.m., so I could get it off instead of waiting till Monday. I knew where I was sorta, as the big truck show was in the Boston Exposition Center 2 years ago, right across the street from where I was, so I walked down the street to the end of it on the pier, to "No Name Restaurant", a well known eatery with the freshest seafood around. I wolfed down a big piece of scrod and fries, and 2 Sam Adams, and was a happy camper afterwards, in more ways than one. I camped out at the yard with the cranes and rigging equipment, and saw a giant, 450 ton Talbert lowbed with 21 axles, all steerable, and pulled by a drawbar with one of the various heavy haul tractors they have. This thing is awesome to say the least, and one of the guys in the crew brought me down the street afterwards to see the tractors they use for that gigantic stuff. The crew was a really good bunch of guys, and gave me a good tour. There was a big giant 1982 359 Pete that they got from the Tx. oilfields that had an 80 foot tank mounted on the back of it with umpteen wheels underneath it.They cut it all up into sections and lowbedded it back to Boston, and cut it to size for their operation. It's got huge rubber, a 350 Hummin Cummins and a 5 X 4, the front bumper is fabricated from well casing, and filled with mercury for extra weight up front to counter balance that 80 foot tank it once had on it's back. Next to it was about a 1962 A-Car, all painted up fancy, and 2 Pacific's that knocked me to the ground. These things are 10 feet wide by themselves, and the doorhandle has to be 7 feet off the ground.They came from western Canada, out of the woods from hauling logs. They went completely through these two trucks, down to the bare bodies for fresh paint. They were all packed into a dark warehouse, I took a whole roll of pictures that I hope will come out due to the darkness, and I'll get 'em on for you to look at, especially that Talbert 450 tonner. It had 84 wheels, and I'd hate to have to change an inside tire on any of those 21 axles...
Welcome to HEF TD15CDozerMan! :drinkup