Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new to us PC 220-5

farm ยท 2014-03-09 10:25

Heres a few pics of our new to us PC 220-5, its a 1993 model and has done (I think) around 9000hrs I am going to build a thumb for it soon, it probably wont look pretty knowing my welding skills but I reckon I'll be able to put something workable together. The digger itself seems pretty straight, it has some play in the pins and bushes but for the sort of work we are likely to do kwith it I am not that worried about it and as "you get what you pay for" I think it was always going to have a few little niggles. One thing that really surprised me was given it had been sitting doing almost nothing for several years, when I got it home and was messing about with it, it turned out the air con still works! great news given the long tail of summer we have been having with many days well over 40C steve

Replies1
  1. #1joispoi2014-03-09 10:46

    The -5 Komatsu's are great machines. If you got it at a low price, all the better. At 9,000 hours, it's probably just getting broken in. :drinkup