OK- I have to ask. During the recession, I understood why I was seeing 2-3 year old iron at auction listed as new. But have been scoping over the Ritchie listings for Orlando, and then looking at Machinery Trader for midi excavators. I'm seeing Bobcats E85s and Cat (308E2CR) around that are listed as new/unused. What gives? And when this iron is out there, how does warranty work? Is there any? And of course to confuse things, there are machines at independent dealers like this as well- where did they get them? Somebody have insights to share?
I know that there was a bunch of rollers that came in country a couple years back. They were originally destined for EU countries. Dealer network had to add them into "North American" market for software and parts support. That could be whats going on "grey market extravaganza"
I've seen some new machines that stated full warranty and some low hour machines with remainder of warranty.
On the Cat 308's they took them to Europe as part of some Gov tax scheme in that country. Dealers bought them, took them to Europe from the US plant over to there. They sat for a year or so in the crates to meet requirements for the write off...dealers and others have been buying them here & bringing them back. That was a unicorn machine to find 3-6 years ago. Especially used...same with the 10k & 12k pound machines. The market was crazy for them and then every manufacture rushed in to fill it. Now there seems to be too many running around. Ah the games we play to bilk the Gov...or is it...the games the Gov plays to bilk us?