Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Vision Link…. What the F did you guys do?

thwack ยท 2018-01-10 22:23

Any of you guys using the newest version of vision link on your cat equipment? What a disaster, legacy worked very well for keeping up with maintenance etc. The new version is a real disappointment.

Replies4
  1. #1John C.2018-01-11 21:02

    They started the changes last spring. I thought they all were a pain and they didn't really give you that great a picture of what was going on with your machine unless you were the sales pitch guy doing the monitoring at the dealer office.

  2. #2nowing752018-01-16 20:21

    Yes we are also having issues with it.

  3. #3Zed2018-01-17 03:50

    Tell me about it, I work for Cat, and could see any machine worldwide. Now we need to get administrator approval from the dealers to see machines in their territory.

  4. #4wornout wrench2018-01-17 14:32

    Oh yes. Cat had a major push on to convert our whole company over to it. . The brass decided to give it a try at our operation. But the person that decides how much we want to spend on it each month went cheap so it only reports in a few times a day. Since I have to wait until 10:30 at night to see the code that was set at 3 in the afternoon, it is pretty much a redundant system other than we use it to sched a service. With the "new improved version" of vision link up and running, I find it so hard to navigate through and us, I don't even bother turning it on.