Hi all, just got the itch to buy my second dozer and about 25 acres of land to clear. I had a late 80s D3b and loved it but sold it about 5 years ago after I built my house and cleared 5 acres with it. I am in no hurry to clear the land and really enjoy doing it so I a looking at d3 and 4s. My old dozer had 3500 hours and the three years that I ran it the only maintenance issues were busted hoses and bearings on the blade. I am wondering how many hours do these dozers run before you have to get into rebuilding the engines/trans? I have an old Kubota tractor with 2700 hours and it runs great. Is there a chart that tells rebuild time in hours? Also, my old d3 would start in 0 degree weather easily and I don't think it had glow plugs or at least nothing that I activated with the key switch. What makes em start so easily when cold. thanks guys...
No replies yet.