Hi everyone. I’m new to the excavator forum. I just purchased a 2004 Case CX130 with 6600 hours on it. It’s a really clean machine and looks like it has a lot of life left in it. It gets delivered to the farm next week. I bought it to clear cedar trees that have overtaken some of my fields and to clean out fence rows. I have a dozer that I operate, but this will be my first experience operating an excavator. The machine doesn’t have a thumb on it nor is it plumbed for a hydraulic thumb, so I’m looking to have a mechanical thumb installed. Where is the best place to purchase a mechanical thumb? Would also like to find an operator’s manual for the excavator.
Generally, there can be operator manuals for sale on ebay. That's where I found mine. Searching the web might find locations that have manuals for sale to be downloaded. Web search will help with finding a thumb for your machine. There are "generic" ones based on the weight of the machine and the width you are looking for. Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your machine.
Thanks. Does it matter of the year? My machine is a 2004, but when I do searches, I don't really see anything about a year. I would think a newer machine might be a little different from a 20 year old machine. Also, I don't know if mine is a "B", "C" or something else. I see that there are different manuals for the different lettered machines.
Good day Attached a "C" series spec. It may not be your machine but I suggest get the serial number from the machine call your Case dealer they can provide a model number. We have a few contacts with manuals so come back if we can help some more. Kind regards Uffex
Thank you. The serial number is DAC131536. I'll try to locate a CASE dealer and see if they can help. The C series looks a lot newer than my machine.