I'm a newbie. Just bought a home with 20acres and went the auction and bought an '03 Terex TX650 with a front 4in1 bucket and rear scraper/ripper. I'm trying to build a motocross track but i'm having a tough time because I have no idea how to manipulate the bucket to build a simple jump. I am just wondering what uses are there with the 4in1 bucket?
I fix 'em not run 'em, but here goes. As far as I can tell, you can open up the clam and use the inside cutting edge almost like a small dozer blade, and then when you have a good pile rolling, you close the clam, rollback, and you have a full bucket. Also, you can use it kinda like a grapple by clamping brush, small logs, etc in clam. Hope that helps?
I too am not an experienced with clam bucket nor have spent much time on a backhoe. However, there are many times one cannot keep pushing that pile of dirt to get a bucket full. As the pile gets small, the clam will pick it up where it is. I have heard they will dump into a high truck box easier, and possibly meter gravel better, I'm not sure. As for building a ramp, I'm sure many on this forum will offer advice. Phil
I have a 4n'1 on the 580 I run. I'd never want to go with out one again. I work in the street and its very valuable. I use it for....... Moving road plates. Many times especially with larger plates. Open up the clam so when you curl the bucket and chain tighten up slack the plate comes off the ground and rests against the dozer blade. This keeps the plate from swingin and holds it straight. Helps when heapin or loading a high sided dump truck. Can dump higher or open up the clam which pushes further to the other side of the truck. Instead of pushing against something or gettin a running start for that last little bit of pile on the road, open up the 4n'1 drag it back curl the bucket and close the clam at the same time. It works best on hard surfaces if you get both the sides of the clam on the ground. I dont use it like a dozer very often but it does work quicker some times when backfilling a trench. Use it as a grabble. Pick just about anything up. Heavy loading, digging, doing things like building a ramp I'd close it tight and lock the 4n'1. Use it like a regular bucket.
Lots of uses as described in the other forums. I like the ability to open the clam and close it over a stump or piece of concrete I'm having trouble getting in the bucket.