Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newbie here. With a PTO question.

justingillen1 ยท 2018-04-21 15:40

New member here, so heres my introduction. I run a debris removal and skid steer service here in Miami. I recently bought a International 4700 with a 444e 7.3 and a Allison AT-545 transmission with a flatbed. I had a 1988 Ford F800 dump truck that wasn't running, so i swapped the dump body onto the International. That part is done, but now I'm starting to look into PTO's and its pretty confusing to me. I opened the PTO plate on the transmission and it has the PTO gear. My question is what brand, and model should I be looking for? I've gone on to the chelsea website, and it's like trying to read Russian. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Truck Shop2018-04-21 16:16

    Chelsea is the main brand and the most common as far as model talk to a Chelsea vendor and they can set you up with the right pto. But IMO have the pto set up with a minim of 10% over drive so your not having to step the idle up to raise the bed. And there are so many pto set up's and pumps the Chelsea website can be confusing. Truck Shop

  2. #2Wes J2018-04-21 20:16

    Dont't forget to shim it correctly. You can't just wing it on there.