Hey Folks, Newbie here. Please don't aim for my head immediately. Need to roll a 25' x 40' section of an existing parking lot with asphalt. We need to pitch it towards the drain. We have compacted the earth. We plan on 1.5" stone, compacted as well. Where do I create the pitch? With the 1.5" stone or with the asphalt? I was told to use 3" base, 2" binder, 2" top coat from our asphalt vendor. ALL help appreciated. We'll have a rented 3-5 ton double roller.
Usually you set the subgrade to the pitch you want then the asphalt follows that.
Welcome to the Forums capitolweb!:drinkup I agree with Ronsii, that is the cheapest way to do it, asphalt's a lot more expensive than base. Curious about your paving section, the lightest paving section I usually run into is a 6:2:1. 6" base, 2" binder. 1" wear. HD pavement is 8:2:1.
Yes, get your stone pitching correctly first, then the asphalt is easier.