Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newbie to this forum

Toms78case ยท 2015-06-23 15:33

Ahhhhh, found another forum to be part of.. Hey Y'all I am Tom from NW Wis. Picked up a 78 Case 580C-extendahoe with a cab a couple weeks ago. Its my first big rig. Own a Kubota mini tractor also. I will save more for more posts, then to post a pic of the hoe. I am just one hoein guy...... I learned to operate a Cat backhoe when I was 13. Learned to operate a ditchwitch trencher/hoe at the same time. some where back in the late 60's. Ex Marine Diesel mechanic in the Coast Guard, 1973 to 1985 both active and reserves.

Replies4
  1. #1Oxbow2015-06-23 20:03

    Welcome Tom!:drinkup

  2. #2Toms78case2015-06-24 16:52

    Something interesting to see. .. Check out the Case parts manual under "Hydraulic", I was looking at the backhoe items and noticed they spell Hydraulic .... HYDRUALIC. I must of been spelling it wrong for the last 25 years. Oh well my MHM AJPP from the Fluid Power Society just expired last year.

  3. #3Toms78case2015-06-24 16:55

    And I did figure My Case has the Model 35 Backhoe.

  4. #4CatToy2015-06-24 18:03

    Well, around my place I have spelled it hi-draw-lick to ensure they ordered the correct oil at the parts store if that makes you feel better. Weclome!