Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newbie with a Hello and some questions

Tony H ยท 2012-12-31 11:52

Hi Folks. I just bought a new Tracctor/Backhoe. JCB MIDI CX I am very mechanically inclined but as a Newb to teh tractor world I need a little reality check on Hydraulic fluids. Looking at the Manual , of course, JCB wants me to buy all my fluids through them during maintenance. But what is reality? I see the Front axle ( 4WD) calls for what I assume is plain old 90 wt Hypoid. The rear axle is Limited Slip so they call out 'JCB Gear Oil HP Plus'... So..what's the Auto Parts store version of this? Brake System calls out JCB Hydraulic Oil HP15.. obviously not your typical DOT 3 Brake fluid but where can I buy what this really is without the JCB price tag? I've been watching many Tractor Forums but this seems like the only one that doesn't lean heavy on Agricultural tractors.

Replies0

No replies yet.