Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newcomer equipment questions….Case?

Shake N Break ยท 2013-05-20 10:42

Hi, I'm new on here and new to operating the heavier construction equipment but have a lot of time on smaller construction stuff and really big farm stuff. I have been looking at listings for dozers, crawler loaders and excavators with minor demolition and land clearing in mind. I have run mostly Deere stuff but know Cat has a pretty good reputation. I hear a lot of bad mouthing of Case stuff but have not heard it from anyone that actually runs their newer (1998 and up) stuff. Deere and Cat hold value well even with pretty old machines but Case seems to run much less. Why is this? Is Case equipment good or is it just the less expensive, less capable alternative? The sizes I'm researching now are around a Deere 650 dozer or Deere 210 excavator. Can Case compare? Other alternatives? Preferably american as possible but may consider Volvo. Sorry this is getting long. I have a lot more questions but I'll post those later.

Replies4
  1. #1roadbuilder62013-05-20 11:13

    I love the case excavators! They have a lot of digging power, and smooth to operate, the deeres and cats are good, but you cant go wrong with a case excavator! They are very fuel efficent. They only bad thing about them I can think of, is they dont have the most powerful swing motors. Hope this helps!

  2. #2Shake N Break2013-05-20 11:26

    Well thanks for the input. About what is the average fuel consumption of say a Deere 210 excavator or equivalent per hour in typical conditions?

  3. #3alanmurfee2013-05-24 02:51

    Talking about Deere and Cat, I would like to know if it is really that good as people say. And yes, would like to get an answer to the above query about its fuel consumption also.

  4. #4terrasmooth2013-05-25 11:36

    I have found Case equipment to be very adequate. I really like their track hoes, back hoes and loaders... their blade is quite a bit different, the articulation point is in fron of the operator, and the controls are different. If you ran it long enough, you could get used to it... I still prefer the CAT blade, but for the money difference, I would not hesitate to buy one of the other pieces.