Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newish D8T

nicky 68a · 2018-12-13 06:28

Hello,I’ve not posted any pics in a couple of years due to not being able to access my account on here,but I’ve sorted things eventually. I’ve added a couple of more D8’s to the tally since then and I’m currently trying to get my eye in with one of the very few D8T’s in the UK that’s accugrade ready and fitted with GPS. I appreciate that many of you chaps see this all the time,but not many here in the UK

Replies29
  1. #1rmllarue912018-12-13 21:37

    Long time no see had a guy with trans pump 46a18000 issues awhile back and out of no where I was wondering what was going on in the UK cheers

  2. #2DB22018-12-13 21:39

    Good to hear from the UK again. Cheers Nicky !

  3. #3Shimmy12018-12-14 01:59

    You ever talk to Tony?

  4. #4DB22018-12-14 04:20

    He is sorely missed

  5. #5StanRUS2018-12-14 08:45

    Tony lasted for 2-3 replies (including photos) in Facebook group last year. Experienced mechanics-fitters ignore , do it my way is the only way --> Overblown safety drama. Some HEF members eat that drama up, WOW

  6. #6Shimmy12018-12-14 22:20

    Need a translation button lol.

  7. #7Nige2018-12-15 04:52

    If there was ever a reason NOT to do Facebook (or is that Farcebook..?), that's it in a nutshell..........

  8. #8JD955SC2018-12-15 11:53

    Facebook is the trailer park of the internet. I use it for keeping up with family and friends but ignore everyone else

  9. #9tctractors2018-12-18 16:00

    Let me put a few Verbs up on my past performance, I did have a bit of a listing in Shop Talk that over some time managed to click up over 240'000 Views and had some goodish pictures and script, sadly 1 Day it just vanished off this Site with a computer glitch possibly the cause??? not to worry I thought I will start a new listing that would feature Sprocket Work also anything a bit interesting, this had managed to click up 211'666 views to date so it would seem I have clicked up 500'000 + views on the Work of myself and others on this Site, it's been fun to help and be involved with People here on a Global stance and I have enjoyed things, the D6 Saga was some Comedy with the owner being the Star, if this Man had his Brain removed he would still be a Complete Idiot what a Donkey! he never upset me or offend me, the thing that Blew me was being called an "Internet Troll" by a Total Tool, plus the fact that NO ONE really troubled to Stick Up for me on this U.S. Site, although English is the common language we are poles apart in many ways, I have posted on this Site a few weeks ago with just small tip's that might not have been taken up? but who cares, as for FaceTube well lets just say it's easy to post a picture, StanRus's comment about me coming in to some flack off a couple of U.K. Dipsticks was nothing as I have the upper hand in this, as I have the pictures and get the job done, so it's that Old chat up line Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk. Blowing it on! tctractors

  10. #10sled dog2018-12-18 18:19

    Tony, simply put, we have missed you. A bunch!! Good to hear your "verbs" again!! Chuck

  11. #11John C.2018-12-18 18:29

    Nice to see your post and hope you keep doing them.

  12. #12StanRUS2018-12-18 19:56

    Tony, Your 2-4 tips with photos about the correct way to block up an 40T-ish excavator were ignored regardless of ' Dangerous, Unsafe, Harder to it that way etc' . Your procedure jacking/blocking/cribbing and working under the excavator house between the car frame/house IMO is not safer. My subjective opinion and the reason FB group members started posting photos of 75-1000T+ excavator jobs involving swing-circle-gear-pump drive jobs. Jacking/blocking/cribbing (using wooden blocks/steel support beams) and either towing the car out from under the house or using a crane to lift the house off of the car follows OEM instructions for larger class excavators like Hitachi EX12-1800up, Liebheer Liebheer Tools That FB Flack group was made up of 15,000+ independents and dealer mechanics from around the world sharing info. Groups @ 50-150 individuals that strictly share 'how to' info works okay, but smaller groups continue to grow and become deluded with non-essential info. And FB/Google/U-tube data mining/tracking forsale info I do not like/deleted account. Hang out @ HEF...Simple to manipulate you back to HEF via Nige's??? head up. PS: D6 spammer's thread; little peni$ ego poster's joy or something Memory Aid...Offending Photos....Not Safe, Dangerous and Harder NOT SAFE IMO

  13. #13Shimmy12018-12-18 20:47

    Damn good to see you back, Tony. In case you can't find it, here is one of your threads. HeavyEquipmentForums I, for one, had been disappointed you left since this summer I acquired a one owner D7G with a CCU and 463 scraper. I *know* I'm going to have to work on things at some point, and I can't think of anyone (besides the deceased owner)who might know more about one of these tractors. Glad to see you back.

  14. #14DB22018-12-18 22:53

    Nice to have you back Tony !

  15. #15JPV2018-12-18 23:21

    Glad to see you back, I learned a lot from your thread, missed the updates!

  16. #16Nige2018-12-19 04:20

    Merry Christmas to you & yours Tony. Stay safe. Oh and, good to see you back ........... !!

  17. #17farmerlund2018-12-19 09:42

    Holy thread hijack! LOL. Nice clean machines, Nicky. Did you keep the older machines or send them to a new home? Nice to hear from you TcTractors, hope you will post some of your projects. I always enjoyed your stories. opps I mean verbs.

  18. #18tctractors2018-12-19 15:45

    Wow what a Lot you have to say Stan, might I possibly explain a few points to help you over your Hump, firstly the Swing bearing swap on below 50 Ton Excavators can easily be tackled by 1 person with simple cribbing methods, I see you never put up any pictures that I posted on that Site what a shame? there is No need for Steel Support Beams and driving out the Carbody if you have any knowledge of what you are doing, it is also a lot safer to do the job as I described and posted pictures of, the other important point is no need for any support equipment if it's not to hand, the big thing is the speed it can be done without all the messing about, I don't know your Trade - Skill or who you work for, if i had to guess it would be Walt Disney, as for looking in the Service Manual to find out how to do it I tend to leave crap like that to people like you, if you were Circumcised you would still be a Complete Penis, please blank me from your pathetic Life, I hope you can grasp this as this time I will let you Run. tctractors

  19. #19ih1002018-12-19 17:04

    How's it going Tony. You're certainly back with a bang. Don't bite, just let the work speak for itself and let people make their own minds up. All the best, and good to see you back. Stan, sorry, but it's a bit hard to make out what your issue is other than a difference of opinion. All the time I see different ways of doing jobs on here, and while I don't necessarily agree and would plough my own path, it's up to people's own circumstances and abilities how they do a job. I have found many times over the years that the workshop manual isn't always the best way to do the job. Nick, you seem to have got a bit sidelined here, but good to see you back as well.

  20. #20ih1002018-12-22 07:05

    Nicky, just seen a couple of your posts on a.n.other forum, have you downsized/modernised the fleet?

  21. #21Junkyard2018-12-22 08:09

    plus the fact thatNO ONE really troubled to Stick Up for me on this U.S. Site Glad to see you back Tony! Looking forward to some more verbs and snaps. With some luck maybe we can get Scrub back too! During the D6 clusterf**k we’ve all come to know and love I did jump in to defend you and try to convince you to stay. I hope you stick around this time as I never fail to learn from you. Edit. Went back through the D6C saga and page 20 Scrub and I had your back. Seems the OP was just aloof (among other things) and another feller was the one calling you out. I say this not as a correction but to persuade you to stick around even if it’s just a little bit! This digital age makes it easy to share info as well as create drama. Just how it is I’m afraid.

  22. #22Jonas3022018-12-22 08:55

    Good to hear from everybody across the pond How are those fancy 8's holding up against the old girls

  23. #23nicky 68a2018-12-22 09:22

    . Hi there,well the UK had a heat wave this year and some sort of a dry spell that you chaps call a summer?

  24. #24nicky 68a2018-12-22 09:23

    Yes shimmy. He’s fine mate

  25. #25nicky 68a2018-12-22 09:28

    Hi Farmer Lund. The older D8’s were unusually busy until July this year and I was made an offer I can’t refuse for them,so I sold them although I still get to see them occasionally. They have gone to a wealthy collector who also runs them within his earthmoving budiness

  26. #26nicky 68a2018-12-22 09:29

    ,so far,so good Jonas. The D8R is a good,strong tractor,but I find the D8T absolutely fantastic

  27. #27nicky 68a2018-12-22 09:33

    Help ih100. I replaced to 2 old D8H’s with a D8T to work alongside my older D8R mate

  28. #28nicky 68a2018-12-22 09:45

    Good afternoon chaps, I hope I’ve answered all of your questions about the D8’s. For the last 15 years or so,I only really play with the D8’s for a couple of months a year. Tony still helps keep them going for me and I’m in contact with him. It takes experience and skill to keep machines running,and the reason I’m still in business with the D8’s is primarily down to the fact that Tony keeps them IN PROFIT for me.

  29. #29rmllarue912018-12-24 12:34

    Well I guess you had our summer then. It has rained from second week of June until now. no joke the sun came up every day but in six months there's only been a few sunny days... I'm from Pennsylvania but I'm told it's been much of the same for most of eastern us. Wettest year on record they are saying. Our local Industry has done pretty good but the farmers and loggers are hurting. I imagine you like that d8t I worked on two few years back they where nice machines. Working in Rock found the weak points but they handled good. Company had a kpz and it was the better of the pair. the j8b? Was assembled with a bad torque wrench from cylinders the sheet metal it worked loose. Seems the D7Es they had where put together with said torque wrench.