I originally posted this in the TLB section but did not get much for responses. Hoping for a little more info here. Well Gentlemen, I just picked up a 2001 NH 575E. This thing has everything, Diesel, 4x4, full cab, x-hoe, heat/ac, 2 lever control, diff. lock. I think I stole it at a bankruptcy auction for $15,000. It is really clean and looks to have had good care. Owner bought it new and it was used for fencing install. Bought this for general personal cleanup and digging on my property, rocks, stumps, waterlines and such. Wasn't sure what I needed but this seems to fit the bill and only has 2100 hours on it. Don't see a lot of info on here about them and was wonderig what inherent problems they may have and what to check or look for. Huge believer in prevenitive maintenence and just want to check this over end to end before using. It will see relatively light duty from me. Also interested in using it for snow removal in the winter. Any idea how large of a snow pusher can be installed and what is the best on the market to buy? One more question, what can you do and not do with the x-hoe? In other words is there a proper way to use the x-hoe so as not damage? Thanks for the help.
The NH 575 is just a rebadged Ford. Its a great backhoe, probly really the best on the market imo. I work on Cats and most other equipment for a living and NH/Ford makes great stuff. You cant really damage the x-hoe, just keep it greased really good and the slides will last forever. a 12 foot snow box is about as big as I would put on it. $15000 is a really great buy on that machine, it should be about $30,000 with the hours it has on it. Pro-Tech is the best snow box on the market Ive seen, but there is others out there that are just as good im sure, it depends on your price range. You might want to look into putting in a 3rd valve and plumb the front bucket for hydraulics and put a angle plow on the front of it too.
2x on what v16cat said the 575e ford is a great backhoe. They are as good as any and better than most. Very powerful to, sometimes almost overpowered in the hoe end. If your going to push a lot of snow and especially if there are grades involved, might wanna get a set of chains for the rear tires.
I just purchased a 2001 575e too. I am trying to get a manual for parts, repairs and maintenance. Does anyone know where to get one. Thanks Dave
parts manuals can be found on line @ New Holland Construction web site