Had a customer bring in an Altec bucket truck for a little repair job. Wow, I don't know how they stumbled into this truck, nor do I know what they paid for it, but the truck is in awesome shape! 1986 Ford F-Series. The outside of the truck is clean, no rust, not all banged up, the cab doors open/close like a new truck. But the interior...off the chain! Door panels and dash board are in better shape than my '85 F150. I can't help but think this thing has been parked in a building or under a shed in it's previous life and protected from the sun and elements. The only thing not clean in the interior is a little dirt from the drivers feet. Instrument console is near mint condition. 74,445 miles. Lot of life left in this truck.
LoL, ain't seen one of these for a few years. Pushbutton AM radio with needle sweep dial. 8.2L four stroke Detroit...in a Ford? That just seems...wrong! LoL A little outrigger leaky problem. Equipment loading/unloading docks are good for many things, including dropping an outrigger for repairs. Piece of cake.
This post caught my eye. My boss owns one very similiar to this bucket truck. It is in good shape, but I need a part and cannot get any help with it. He is willing to pay a reasonable price for the part, as he needs this truck for his Electrical contracting business. What I need is an "Idler Pulley" on the lower boom. The part # I need is 141-0091-22 and I was given a crossover number of 871 410 091. I think the model # is LN 55. Would you have this part or any resources to acquire it? ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I have been all over the internet searching, but having no luck. I am an office Manager, not a mechanic and am very limited on my knowledge of equipment such as this. THanks, Michelle
have you tried opydikes from P.A. (I think thats where they are from) They handle a large array of used bucket trucks and knuckle booms. Also Altec aquired aspluhnd line of booms, and chippers in the early 90's. To the best of my knowledge some of the early "L" model numbers were that of Aspluhnd product line. Also had a safety recall on 40-55 ft LR booms with cables, which had to be replaced after certain age. Good luck
Welcome to the forum M-Uzzell. What brand bucket truck is it? Altec, Hi-Ranger, etc? If you do a google search for aerial truck parts you'll get all kind of hits for suppliers.