Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nifty TM50 man lift .. cage will not level

MikeC1962 · 2024-08-30 20:50

Hello, Was not sure where to post this question .... I am using a Nifty TM50 lift. The cage is not leveling. When down the cage is tilted forward rather than flat. It does move while lifting but never seems to level correctly. It was working fine for several weeks ... not sure what is going on .. not perfect but at least working. Maybe an air bubble? should I try bleeding the lines or ??? There is an adjustment on the cylinder (both lines go into some type valve mounted on the cylinder) but I didn't want to touch it without knowing what it did. Any suggestions ? Thanks ... Mike

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2024-08-30 21:26

    I can't download manual without serial number. MyNifty MyNifty is Niftylift’s machine-specific support hub, providing access to manuals, diagrams, error codes and videos via QR code or serial number search. www.niftylift.com

  2. #2MikeC19622024-08-30 21:53

    f Hey! Here is a snap shot I took of the machine plate. It had a limit switch go bad a few weeks ago ... needed the plate to get the part number for that ...still had it on my phone. I am normally pretty good with machines but there is some kind of hydraulic compensation going on to keep the cage level and I just don't knew enough about it. Thanks so much !!!!!!!!

  3. #3heymccall2024-08-30 22:16

    From page 31 of the operator's manual

  4. #4MikeC19622024-08-30 23:01

    Some days I feel soooooo stupid, I am amazed I have made it to 62 years of age! I is almost 11:00 .. very dark ... but I just ran outside to take a look. OK ... when standing in the bucket and looking at the controls, there is no lever on the basket level spot ... in fact there is a picture with an "X" over it. When I got down on my knees and looked into the lever box, I can see a small short lever ... the other controls all stick out of the box. I reached in and can move the lever. I am not sure why this lever is different than the other .. maybe once you set it, it should be automatic? I don't want to disturb the neighbors but tomorrow I will go out try it ... bet the basket levels! You don't know how much I appreciate this!!!!!!!!!! Long story but my wife is paralyzed from the shoulders down as the result of a diving accident when she was 12. I am a machinist / fit it guy and work out of the house. I am tired of working out of the house (literally) or out in the cold snow and rain. Time for "one last shop". I decided to build it myself. I have put every nail in this place ... 50 x 60 with 16 ft walls and anther 1200 sq ft of attic storage. Just FYI .. never let a machinist built, we don't understand the idea of "close enough". I checked my roof to center the metal panels ... within 1/32 of an inch in 60 feet .. but it took me three years to get to this place. I had been renting a lift on and off when a guy drove by and offered me his lit for 1/4 the price I had been paying. He got it for a duct cleaning job (bought it used off a local rental) but only used it once, then left if sit for a year. I used it to do the fascia and soffits ... now I am using it as a crane, pulling up the 40 ft roof panels one by one. Thanks again so very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike PS .. you can check out the build on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/michael.csele

  5. #5MikeC19622024-08-31 09:51

    OK .... ran out in the rain today .... sure enough, reach in ... move the handle ... the cage moves. It was very slow ... I am guessing it has some air from not being used. I will take it all the way forward and back when the rain stops. I can't believe I didn't see this. Thanks again so very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike

  6. #6heymccall2024-08-31 11:11

    Sometimes, all it takes is a fresh set of eyes