Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nightmare job on Takeuchi TB135

stevenson300 · 2026-02-07 08:17

Hello everyone! I just had a major breakdown, the machine started leaking hydraulic oil from 2 final drives ( 2 big hoses ) I lost pretty much all the hydraulic fluid, the machine won't even move in any direction. When I put the new hose, one of the elbows stripped, so now this has to be replaced! The problem is that I can't take it out because it is hitting the frame! The only way to take it out is to spin the machine 90 degrees but since there is no hydraulic fluid I can't do that. Can I manually spin the boom of the machine with like a com-along without damaging anything?

Replies15
  1. #1cuttin edge2026-02-07 10:33

    Cap the line and put the oil in it.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2026-02-07 11:06

    Pictures would help, though that may be challenging with the wearing we are getting at the moment. lol

  3. #3Tones2026-02-07 14:35

    The slew motor has a break in it that requires pressure to release so no you shouldn't try a pull it around. Some machines have a small hose (pilot line size) and disconnecting it you can use compressed air to release the break then pull it around.

  4. #4stevenson3002026-02-07 19:09

    Thanks everyone for trying to help. I have some additonal pictures of what's going on, maybe there is an easier solution that I don't know of, just to take that elbow bolt? Tones where can I find out where is that spot to release the pressure on that machine? I have the oryginal manual for it but it does not really tell me anything like that, its just mostly engine work guide.

  5. #5Tones2026-02-07 20:03

    The first photo I take it as the centre/swivel joint. If so loosen and turn it to the location you need. More importantly, clean up that crud in the second photo before you do anything else or face the possibility of further financial injury. Cap those ports before doing so.

  6. #6Acoals2026-02-07 22:13

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I would cover those open ports on the final drive with my fingers first, and hose the threads off real good with brake clean, then get caps on and clean some more. Compressed air and brake clean. In the field brake clean works really well. All that stuff should have been cleaned before even cracking a fitting loose. It doesn't take much dirt to start wrecking havoc in your pumps, valves, ect.

  7. #7Tones2026-02-08 03:40

    Exactly.

  8. #8stevenson3002026-02-08 09:18

    I will clean all that before putting new hoses. I'm probably never going to run this machine in winter again. Now with the very low temperatures, its a really tough job to get it fix and it needs to be done asap. I'm wondering if machines like this are designed to run in such a cold climate and if they do, how much wear does it put on them? If there isn't any hydraulic fluid anymore in the slew motor, do I still have to release the pressure?

  9. #9HarleyHappy2026-02-09 11:02

    Depends on what you’re doing with it. Not really digging too much in this weather. You can definitely run them in the winter. Working out in the cold and wind just sucks but someones got to do it.

  10. #10cuttin edge2026-02-09 14:15

    We run our tomogatchi in the winter if needed depending on the job. Depends on the job and how much frost is in the ground

  11. #11Acoals2026-02-10 08:47

    With enough time, fuel and stress you can do anything in the winter . . .

  12. #12masterwelder2026-02-10 09:33

    Don't forget money.

  13. #13Acoals2026-02-10 12:21

    Ah, yes; buckets of cash . . .

  14. #14BC Placer gold2026-02-10 13:04

    Yep, have tried that!

  15. #15stevenson3002026-02-17 19:47

    Update on the situation: After removing the slew motor I'm still stuck in the same spot, the machine won't turn. I have no idea what is blocking it! It should just move now very easily but it does not . I have some pictures what's going on. What a nightmare... at least it is not as cold as before that's the only good news that I have.