Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nissan H20 Engine

Craig Berg ยท 2018-07-09 00:02

Does anyone have experience with a nissan h20 engine? Its out of a forklift but i do not remember the make and model. A guy brought me the motor in pieces, so im trying to figure out how to put it together correctly. I have a manual but not much help with my question. The serial number is S87621J..... I want to be sure im in correct time, I lined up the dots on the cam and crank gear and installed the gears with the chain. It seems to be correct but wanted to be sure I timed them correctly? I did not see any timing marks on the chain. The distributor/oil pump drive gear i installed at number 1 TDC with the larger section with the notch towards the front of the motor. Is that correct? I installed the distributor and the rotor is facing around the #4 spark plug area. Is that correct? Just wanted some guidance. Thank you

Replies1
  1. #1OFF2018-07-12 11:24

    Usually the H20 engine comes out of Nissan H02 or KH02 forklifts. Plenty of them around, but I really can't offer any help. Deepest I've every been into one is a head gasket. Watching the valves on #1 cylinder to determine you are on the compression stroke, getting it to TDC on #1 cylinder, your rotor should be pointing a touch before post in the distributor cap #1 wire is plugged into.