Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nissan N-45 excavator bucket cylinder repack kit

levious ยท 2021-06-18 22:37

I have a older Nissan N-45 excavator and I'm looking for the bucket cylinder repack kit part numbers, I've been looking but can't find any reference I'm guessing that other excavator brands uses the same cylinders So hopefully someone have the part numbers on hand or at least have the service manual for this old excavator

Replies15
  1. #1Welder Dave2021-06-19 23:55

    Probably have to take the old seals to a seal shop to match them up.

  2. #2levious2021-06-20 19:16

    Yeah I was trying not to do that, but it looks like the only way to get this job done

  3. #3Jonas3022021-06-21 20:37

    Thats probably one you will have to pull apart and measure You could find the seals at hurcules Nice looking hoe by the way

  4. #4levious2021-06-21 21:06

    Yea, I will be taking off bucket cylinder this week and measure the seals , I like the herculesus site. but I don't have experience in putting the the measurements to match up seal. I see ID , OD , and HT .. there must be a better way to input the mm of the size seals.. anyways I will have more information on seal sizes. and hopefully this will help someone else looking for the seal kit

  5. #5Jonas3022021-06-21 22:25

    If you run into a stumbling block post up pics

  6. #6levious2021-06-24 22:45

    Well I started , taking it off wasn't bad.. now I have to measure the seals ..

  7. #7levious2021-06-24 23:14

    One of the piston seals had a part number on it Sky-71 with ID 71mm.. I wish that this seal can give me a clue to the rebuilt kit

  8. #8Welder Dave2021-06-24 23:38

    You may have to buy the seals individually as a kit could be difficult to find. A good seal shop should be able to help. You could look online under Hercules or Bulldog for seals. They may have a listing.

  9. #9Kobelco ireland2021-06-25 00:45

    You might want to look inside the cylinder barrel for scoring cos there is some scoring on the side of the piston in the first picture

  10. #10levious2021-06-25 09:29

    Everything in cylinder looks good for a 90s excavator, the only issue is getting off the snap ring since it has no holes or groves.. been working on it for about 1hr. .. once I get it off I only see two seals inside with some aluminum spacers.. I think they should be nylon..any suggestion

  11. #11levious2021-06-25 11:18

    Ok the steel spacer is pressed in.. its dont need to be moved the seals come out easy... oops

  12. #12levious2021-06-25 12:15

    Okay for anyone needing this information for the Nissan N-45 excavator, bucket cylinder seal kit piston seal = MUUL-71X80X6 - 2pc rod wiper seal = MSWE-45X53X5 - 1pc gland seal = MOR-89X3 - 1pc rod seal = MRU-45X55X8 - 1pc

  13. #13Welder Dave2021-06-25 13:06

    Great! Who's part numbers are these and where do you get them?

  14. #14levious2021-06-25 13:37

    herculesus , website

  15. #15Welder Dave2021-06-25 13:44

    Glad you could find the seals you need!