Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Nitrogen Recharge kit

maquinariawiebe ยท 2011-02-17 11:45

I am looking for a Nitrogen recharge kit, We currently have one for stanley hammers, and it can be used for other hammers that use the same fittings. It is rated at about 1500psi. But I need another kit that has a rating of about 4000psi. To fill older model Teledyne hammers. I didn't think it would be this difficult to find.....

Replies5
  1. #1KenAl2011-02-19 10:52

    Start by trying to find a nitrogen bottle with 4000psi in it!

  2. #2maquinariawiebe2011-02-22 19:07

    That and the "regulator" that can handle that much as well. The nitro bottle isn't the biggest problem, its the adapters or the connections that connect to the machine or hammer. There are many different styles. And for the big CAT D400d's, we need a kit that can handle 6000psi!

  3. #3maytag2011-02-22 19:56

    6k N Not sure what valve you will have on the end-user-in heavy industry its the same Schrader valve for the low pressure applications. Motion Industries is a Hydac distributor and will have the 6 K kits for the Schrader valves. A good supplier of industrial gas will have both 6K N bottles and be able to sell you a regulator for them-just bought two in the past six months around $400. or so. HTH, Tom

  4. #4coalrulz2011-02-22 21:05

    Performed repairs on several different makes of hydraulic hammers, Tramac, BTI, Allied, and NPK. I am finding it hard to believe that there are hammers that require 6000 psi to precharge accumulators. 6000 psi is higher than hydraulic pressure into hammer.

  5. #5maquinariawiebe2011-02-23 11:29

    I need 6000 psi for a Caterpillar D400D for the suspension. I believe, the older Teledyne hammers use around 4000psi as well.