Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No brakes on Ingersoll rand dd-34hf

katsequipment · 2020-11-19 21:18

Hi, I just purchased an Ingersoll rand dd-34hf double drum roller. I can't seem to get the brake system to activate. It seems that the previous owner bypassed the brake system some how. They hacked some wires and I can't seem to figure out why the brakes aren't working. I tried reconnecting the cut wires but no dice. The roller wont start unless the parking switch is activated so it seems to still be connected some way. When the engine is running, the parking switch is activated and the drive lever is pushed the roller moves. I'm assuming the roller will still move with the engine off. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or direction to go to get this thing operating safely? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Txhayseed2020-11-20 23:58

    Call your local Volvo equipment dealer. Volvo bought ingersols roller division and kept them the same for a while. Unfortunately Volvo don’t publish anything that’s free to customers. You can still find the original ingersol manuals online if you search. Those would be your two options for getting ahold of service and schematics. Unless another member has them squirled away.. surprised how many times that happens on here

  2. #2Txhayseed2020-11-21 00:08

    The brakes should be spring applied hydraulic release. If I recall there was only a brake on the front drum.. the parking brake switch is basically a starter safety. Switch had to be on for current from key switch to reach starter solenoid. Power via parking brake switch to parking brake coil to allow charge pressure to release brake.

  3. #3katsequipment2020-12-17 22:34

    Where can I get a new wiring harness?

  4. #4Txhayseed2020-12-22 21:27

    Try your local volvo dealer