Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No Cat on road engines.

Truck Shop ยท 2022-11-30 18:53

A earlier discussion in another thread caused me to watch this video, even though his hat is backwards.

Replies17
  1. #1terex herder2022-11-30 19:22

    Tie his hands together and he won't be able to speak.

  2. #2Truck Shop2022-11-30 19:40

    Isn't there someone else like that, but I agree.

  3. #3skyking12022-11-30 21:32

    I was with him until he tauted the V-8 offerings as something good. Still informative but BZZZT on that isht.

  4. #4Truck Shop2022-11-30 21:37

    I was only interested in the first part.

  5. #5JLarson2022-11-30 22:48

    The 3208 has always been good for the service biz

  6. #6skyking12022-11-30 22:50

    Had a water truck with a spun bearing on a job, that thing was barking like a sea lion.

  7. #7JLarson2022-11-30 23:55

    Noise making and mosquito killin that's what they're good at.

  8. #8John C.2022-12-01 09:53

    The guy is an outsider putting stories together from what other people perceived at the time.

  9. #9Birken Vogt2022-12-01 10:13

    Was loads better than a Detroit 8.2, IH 9.0 or whatever was around at the time. 3208s are still running but you won't find those other boat anchors anywhere.

  10. #10John C.2022-12-01 12:11

    Best that size range was the IH DT466.

  11. #11Truck Shop2022-12-01 12:20

    That's all anything is these days-quoting authority, plus incorrectly repeated.

  12. #12Birken Vogt2022-12-01 12:27

    I agree, 466, 7.8, Cummins 8.3 or 5.9 were better, but not as common for whatever reason. 466 and 7.8 being corporate engines of course.

  13. #13mitch5042022-12-01 12:49

    Was the IH 9.0 called anything else?

  14. #14Truck Shop2022-12-01 12:57

    Several things I can't post.

  15. #15Birken Vogt2022-12-01 20:42

    DV550 and it also might have had some designations with the horsepower like a B180 or something like that, I don't remember.

  16. #16Truck Shop2022-12-01 21:35

    Had one at the Ag company years back-gutless pos. hard starting in winter and leaked oil as if it were Alpine green.

  17. #17Tugger22022-12-01 22:34

    I had a 3208 in one of my Vibros ,ran forever still running to this day. The new Vibro i have now has this p.o.s. Cat c4.4 in the power unit .Gutless thing wont drive a stick into a bowl of soggy noodles. I sure miss the old 3208. I had a DT 466 in a 1996 iInternational service truck we had ,its still going . As for all the green leakers i still i run strait 40 oil ,never over half up the stick and they stay pretty clean, Exhaust slobber if i idle them too long. Lucky we have our anti idling laws here in BC to prevent me from doing that now. haha.