Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No Crank No Start

Mechanicsville804 ยท 2023-05-19 07:11

Hi all, I am looking at a Komatsu FG25T-14 (589108A) and I am having a no crank no start. I have 12 volts to my starter fuse, but when I turn the key no power to my control wire on my starter. Any advice or wiring schematic would be appreciated!

Replies2
  1. #1OzDozer2023-05-19 07:22

    Dirty fuses and dirty connections in the starter wiring harness are the main areas that have given me grief on the Japanese forklifts. Trace the wiring from the key to the starter and look for the round bayonet type connections that the Japanese are fond of using. If these get moisture and dirt and dust in them, they corrode and cease to carry the current. You will likely have to pull the floorplate to follow the wiring, it can be difficult to follow in the harness.

  2. #2Mechanicsville8042023-05-19 07:26

    Alrighty, thank you I will go ahead and take a peak!